chapter 1

1. The Eighth Continent:

  Sentence Expansion Game.

  Dong Chaoming.

  Yu Chu.

  Dong Chaoming is male.

  Yu Chu is a woman.

  Dong Chaoming is an unlucky man with a vicious mouth and a narrow mind.

  Yu Chu is a selfish, arrogant and heartless woman.

  Yu Chu

  held the newly issued transcript with gray background and black text in his hand. He read Chinese, Mathematics, English, and Comprehensive one by one, until at the bottom, there was a small "2" printed on the line. .

  She stared at the number, laughed absurdly, and balled up the transcript with both hands and held it tightly in her hands.

  second?

  Why should she be second?

  Yu Chu walked through the corridor of the school, walking quickly through the sultry summer wind. He pushed open the door of Class 7, Grade 2, with a cold face. As the evening self-study approached, many people from the class had already returned one after another. They all held a report card and gathered together to discuss it with joy or sorrow. Yu Chu's report card with second place on it had been stuffed into her pocket like garbage for a long time, and she was afraid it would never see the light of day.

  Yu Chu had worked hard on this exam. The head teacher had already announced that this test would be a reference for the school when he was in a small class in the third grade of high school two weeks before the exam, and warned him to pay attention to it. Yu Chu will naturally pay attention to it, and she pays attention to every exam. Even though her grades have always been in the top three since she was promoted from junior high school, and she was first most of the time, she still went all out for this test. The teacher revealed that the question types were modified questions from the previous college entrance examination, so she found the top five The real questions of the college entrance examination in 2016 were sorted out one by one, starting from mathematics. Special papers were used to practice the error-prone question types until I no longer fell into the trap of the question maker.

  She doesn't like to be second, let alone third. She only likes to be first.

  Maybe she stayed up too late. The school added evening self-study in the second semester of her second year of high school. She had to light a desk lamp and study hard when she got home. Her menstrual period was a few days early. It was the day of the exam. I always have chills, and I never get away from menstrual cramps. When my period comes, it feels like a knife is scraping my uterus. Yu Chu was so dizzy from pain in the examination room that he held his eyelids open for four exams. He placed a whole pot of brown sugar and ginger soup at his feet and leaned on the soup to endure the pain.

  Yu Chu passed the two comprehensive essay questions and did well in the exam. The problem was in English. The score for listening was changed this time to one out of three. Yu Chu was not in good condition. He had some sweating after writing the composition and walked out while listening to the dialogue. I lost my mind, missed key words, and misunderstood. When I checked the answers, I found that I made two mistakes. I lost six points in listening, which I shouldn’t have lost.

  Yu Chu held the pen tightly and stared at the exercise book in front of her. The printed fonts gradually became blurry in her eyes, as if they had lost focus.

  Who is first?

  is her? Or him? Or someone else?

  Yacheng High School is private, but it excels in its emphasis on learning. The school facilities are even better than many universities. The principal was changed a few years ago. The new principal promoted comprehensive training and added sports electives such as golf and equestrian. Not to mention the well-known English group teaching, which was deliberately promoted as an aristocratic school in the city. Parents with some wealth in the city followed the trend and sent their children to Yacheng. The last graduates did well in the exams, and the famous schools can catch them. There are a lot of them. Yu Chu’s enrollment is better this time. The Yu family still relied on the Dong family to get the quota for the entrance exam.

T

he chirping of cicadas in the summer was masked by the sound of the air conditioner working hard in the classroom. The class bell rang on time, and the current spread to every corner of the huge campus. Dong Chaoming, who was climbing the stairs, was pushed hard by Chu Yi behind him and almost fell. Dong Chaoming slapped him with his backhand. Chu Yi nimbly dodged it while holding the basketball and shouted to him, "Hurry up! Let's watch Lao Tian during self-study tonight

        . ."

        The old man added his surname.

        Every head teacher will have an honorific title.

        This person's name successfully calmed him down. Dong Chaoming shook his hand that he had just washed in the pool outside the stadium and quickly jumped up the stairs.

        "Wow -"

        The front door of the classroom was pushed open with great force. Yu Chu, who was sitting in the first row, was sensitively aware of the heat coming from outside the door and the two people who came in. The plastic smell of the stadium was stuck to it. She couldn't help but frown. She didn't actually look up. She didn't know who it was, but there was always an inexplicable magnetic field between her and Dong Chaoming, which made Yu Chu look up from the book and give those two people, especially the one with the loose tie, a flying blow.

        Chu Yi was used to being accidentally injured, so he closed the door and returned to his position. Dong Chaoming sneered, walked around Yu Chu's table and squeezed out her water glass unintentionally, then picked it up when it was about to land and put it in its place. He raised his eyebrows and said, "I'm sorry."

        Yu

        Chu didn't bother to look at her this time. To him, he had been playing this childish trick for six years and still expected some fresh reaction from her.