8

*edited*

I sat up quickly looking around

I sat up quickly looking around. I was at Mags. My body ached, and my joints felt like sandpaper. I quickly got off the couch looking around. My eyes landed on the table, the bottle from last night still there. I thought I dreamt that part.

"No, no, no, no," I muttered as I moved around the couch to the table. "No," I whispered when I saw the bottle. The cap was off. I'd come so far. I pulled at my hair. "Damn it. Damn it."

"I'm sorry," Alec stood across the room. He couldn't even look at me. "I'm sorry." I shook my head letting my hands fall to my sides.

"I don't know why you're apologizing," I breathed. He looked like he hadn't slept. "How did you know I was here?"

"That was me," Mag came from behind me. I gave him a look. "This can work. You just have to work together." 

I looked at the bottle on the table. I'd fucked up. It didn't tempt me like before, but I had come so far to be sober for it to go to shit in a night. Over a guy. Over Alec.

"Lena, you didn't do anything wrong," Alec muttered as he moved closer to me. I glanced at him.

"Stop," I told him. "Stop. You didn't do anything wrong. I let myself slip." My eyes fell on the bottle again. "This was my fault. I—um," I ran my hand through my hair turning toward him. "This was me."

"Linny," He muttered. The nickname brought pressure to my chest. "I didn't mean to make you upset."

"You didn't. I was just overreacting. I shouldn't have—this was my fault." I told him as I looked at the bottle. My eyes watered. "I can start again." I brushed my hair back as a few tears fell. "I can do it again." I nodded. Alec looked at me his eyes soft. "I'll start again."

"Linny," He touched my arm and that was it. I leaned into him sobbing.

"I'm sorry," I cried. "I was doing good. I was—I'm so stupid."  He held me close as I cried.

"Linny, you can do it again," He whispered. I tried to bury my face in his chest. "Yes, you can. I can help you. Magnus can help you." I leaned back seeing his eyes water.

"You should be disappointed." He brushed my hair from my face looking at me.

"I don't think I'll ever be disappointed in you," He smiled. My hands slid to his neck as I hugged him. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry." I echoed his words. "What time is it?" I asked as I leaned back my fingers threaded through his hair.

"Six!" Magnus yelled from the other room. I smiled lightly. It's no surprise he was listening.

"When did you get here?" I asked him my fingers moving down his arm.

"Last night. I was out looking for you after I saw you leave. Magnus answered your phone," He admitted. His eyes were searching mine. I wiped my cheeks and took a deep breath.