46

*edited*

There was a loud crash in Magnus's room

There was a loud crash in Magnus's room. I knocked lightly and pushed the door open. Another loud crash as something shattered against the wall. I moved in quickly shutting the door behind me. He'd trashed the place.

"Magnus?" I asked. He ran his hands over his desk raking everything onto the floor. "Magnus!" He looked up tears streaming down his face.

"I can't do this anymore," He shook his head. A bottle in his hand he drank the rest of it and threw it at the wall near me. It shattered, a few pieces hit my back, but none stuck.

"How much have you drank?" I asked. 

"Don't ask me that like you haven't done the exact same thing," He laughed. He was trying to hurt me.

"I'm just trying to figure out why you're having a meltdown?" I raised my hands trying to defend myself. He stumbled a bit but put his on the edge of the bed as it dipped. 

"Get the fuck out! If anyone is going to lecture me the last person it should be is you," He ran his hands through his hair. "I have grey hairs, Lilly. Grey! I'm not supposed to have grey hairs."

"Mag—."

"I thought I could do this, but I can't. I can't live like this! I'm not meant to live like this!" He yelled at me. He stumbled forward yanking open his drawers as he grabbed another bottle.

"Magnus," I moved forward, but he yanked the bottle back.

"You have no right to take it from me, just leave me alone," He held the bottle to his chest. "Just leave me alone." He pressed his back to the wall as he slid to the floor. I stared at him until I turned the lights off. 

"Hey!" 

I slammed the door shut. I was supposed to be going on patrol tonight with Clary, Jace, and Isabelle. I could stop by the warlock's shop near one of the farther blocks in New York. I would need a lot of money though. 

Magnus wasn't going to be able to live without his magic. I couldn't see him like this, so I was going to do something about it. I grabbed the money from my room. Anything that could be valuable for a warlock and then walked into the armory grabbing my gear.

"Hey," Isabelle smiled. "There you are."

"Yeah, sorry," I smiled and strapped on my sheaths. "I'm ready let's go." We walked out the front and I smiled at Alec as he passed him.

"I love Halloween!" Clary smiled as she looked outside seeing the kids running around. She and Simon went with Becky every year to go trick or treating.

"What about you?" Isabelle asked me. I tilted my head back and forth.

"I uh, it's not really been my thing. I loved the idea of it, but I couldn't go outside. Everything just terrified me," I looked around with a smile. I haven't properly been out for Halloween since I was twelve.