51

*edited*

I woke up to an empty bed

I woke up to an empty bed. My hand slapped his side expecting to hit his warm skin, but he wasn't there. I sat up holding the sheet over my chest as I looked to the bathroom, but he wasn't there either.

"Alec?" I called, but no answer. 

I got up and changed quickly. When I opened the bathroom door he was standing there with a tray of food.

"You weren't supposed to wake up yet, I just left," He sighed. He set the tray of food on the bed.

"Yeah, well you just left and I felt your absence," I sat down next to him. "Why the breakfast?" 

He kissed me, as I looked at the few flowers he had don't the tray. He picked flowers from the greenhouse.

"Because today is our wedding day and I want my beautiful wife-to-be to have a good breakfast now that she is back home with me," He kissed me again.

"We are getting married tonight?" I asked.

"If everything goes according to plan, we will be married tonight." He brushed my hair behind my shoulder. His thumb grazed over my burned skin. "Then I get to call you my wife."

"Does this mean you do what I say?" I teased.

My fingers moved with his. He always felt like putty in my hands when I needed to fidget. He always let me. I moved his wedding band around his finger seeing both birthstones.

"I already do that." He kissed my cheek.

"You do." I reached for a piece of bacon and took a bite. I offered it to him and he took a bite too. "So Husband what's the plans for the day?"

"My mother is trying to get it all together while I try and run the institute for today. So for now we sit and eat our breakfast. We ignore everything outside that door until you're ready to face the day and then tonight I'm going to marry the love of my life." He leaned closer to me.

"And you will never ever leave me," I kissed him before putting a piece of bacon in his mouth making him laugh as he shoved my hand away. My smile fell away as I watched him. I wanted to marry him more than anything, but I had a lot of doubts. 

"What?" His smile fell.

"What if you leave me?" He stared at me for a moment. "I'm not the easiest person to love. I'm not normal. I have a lot of issues, what if you get tired of me like my Mom did? Like my father did, like Clary did." I

t was a slight moment of weakness, but I had to say it out loud. Alec moved off the bed coming around to my side as he knelt in front of me taking my hands in his.

"Lena Rhys," He took a deep breath. "I love you. I will always love you no matter how many years, how many arguments, or however many sacrificial attempts you make. I'm sorry that no one cared for you like they should've and that so many people have turned their backs on you when you needed them, but I am not them. I never will be like that. If you call I'm there, if you ask something I will do it. I've known you for many years, but this relationship is new, if you are having doubts about getting married already I will call it off immediately—."