33

*edited*

I walked back into the institute

I walked back into the institute. My clothes were stuck to my body. I put my blades on the wall with Alec's bow. I took a deep breath and looked around. It was still early no one should be awake yet. I saw Clary and Jace near the corner. 

It had stopped raining an hour or two ago. Clary must have gotten done earlier or something. I walked to my room. Alec's room. We'd combined our rooms so either one we go into is the same. I stripped out of my clothes and showered. My head pressed against the wall as I let the water scold my back until it was bright red.

"Please!"

"I want to go home! Let us go!"

"Let her go!"

"Jonny!"

"Lynn now! Do it!"

"You were made for this! You will be perfect!"

When I got out I saw that Alec wasn't in bed anymore. I assumed he was in his room getting dressed or he'd already gone out to go to his office. I had to report that I had a run-in with the owl. I changed into my black jeans and a grey tank top as I walked into the main entrance. Clary was staring at the footage from the streets.

"Why didn't you say that you had an encounter with the OWL?" Clary asked. 

She reached for my face. I swatted her hand away and took out my stele running it over my rune. It was barely a scratch near my hairline. 

"I was showering. I was coming to report it," I explained.

I leaned on the back of Jace's chair. He watched the footage over and over. Anyone watching could see how out of it I was. Most of my attacks were at air. It was embarrassing.

"What is happening here?" Jace asked. "You were completely exposed."

"Nothing," I pushed myself off his chair. I looked pathetic in this fight. I was lucky it didn't kill me, but it seemed intrigued by my behavior.

"That isn't nothing, Lena, you can get killed if you do that," Clary argued. 

I just shook my head and walked through the institute finding Isabelle and Alec in a room together. Both of their faces look less than happy.

"You both are up early," I smiled.

"Hey. Have you been to sleep yet? I heard you in the shower," Alec asked. I stood next to him.

"Just got back from watch," I said. "What are you both pondering about?"

"Our mother sent us a fire message," Isabelle smiled. "For a family dinner." She air quoted.

"Oh god," I winced.

"Yeah," Alec sighed. He leaned into me resting his head on top of mine. "So that means that she is going to come and try to perfect everything in our lives that we are doing wrong."