31

*edited*

"I'm not going," I shook my head

"Bean, please," Magnus put his hands together. "I will give you whatever you want. Do whatever you say, just please?"

"You already do that," I smirked.

"Ouch," He pouted. "Please, Lilly!" He got on his knees.

"Fine, fine." I groaned.

"Great," He grabbed my arms pulling himself up. "I didn't want to go alone that would be pathetic."

"Why are you going at all?" I asked. 

He looked at my outfit and snapped his fingers changing me into a long black dress with a low cut in the front.

"I have to pass the torch," He added. "Do a spin." I sighed and spun. "Perfect."

"Why do I have to be the one to go?" I complained.

"You're my favorite and Lorenzo also has an interest in you," He smiled.

"Uh, what do you mean?" I grimaced. He tilted his head back and forth.

"You know what I mean," He grabbed himself a drink. "Here." 

He handed me one. I drank it quickly as he portatled us to Lorenzo Rey's house. The new High Warlock of Brooklyn. The doors opened and Magnus motioned for me to walk first.

"Magnus this is a bad idea," I pulled at the dress.

"Bean, come on, it'll be fine," He adjusted his jacket and walked forward. "You're a powerful shadow hunter. You're known to almost everyone here. You're like a celebrity."

"Even celebrities can be hated Mag," I said. He gripped my hand and pulled me forward.

"Magnus. Magnus Bane," Lorenzo announced as he raised his hands. I groaned and tucked my hair behind my ears. "Ah and the lovely Lena." He touched my cheek his hands moving to my chin turning my head side to side. "You look magnificent, my dear."

"Thank you," I gave him a tight smile.

"Very happy that you could make it Magnus," Lorenzo nodded to him as he walked past.

"Who chose him again?" I whispered. Magnus smiled as we moved farther into the room.

"It was a vote and Lorenzo is persuasive," Magnus added. I shook my head as we walked farther into the room. "I'm glad I brought you." He hooked his arm with mine.

"Why because I'm pretty?"

"No, because you look mean," He muttered. "Keep rolling your eyes, it'll scare the others."

"Mag," I let out a tight laugh.

"I'm sorry, but most of these people are just—."

"Don't," I interrupted asMadzie came running toward me. "Madzie!" I knelt in front of her. The thigh split in my dress showed my upper leg. It was a dangerous spot on the dress.