17

*edited*

"I do know how to throw a brilliant party," Magnus smiled

"I do know how to throw a brilliant party," Magnus smiled. I nodded to him. A lot of people had showed up for Max's celebration.

"Especially on short notice," I smirked. The doors open through the crowd I could see Simon and Clary holding hands.

"Hey Linny—." I smacked Alec's chest lightly pointing at the door.

"Did you know?" I asked seeing their enjoined hands disappear.

"That's new, I didn't know that was a thing. At all," He shook his head. "Magnus I wanted to say thank you again. This is more than I could have done for him by myself." Magnus gave a slight bow as he handed me a drink.

"What's in this?" I asked.

"It's virgin," He winked at me.

"Remind me to stop talking to you after today," I joked. "Mmhmm." I grabbed Alec's arm leading him away from Magnus.

"What was that?" He smirked as I pulled him around.

"He's invested in our relationship," I said.

"Mm, yes this relationship that we have, that is still unnamed," Alec looked out at the crowd around us his hands in the pockets of his dress coat.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend? I mean you already are," I smirked. He turned to me putting his hand under my chin and lifting my face so he could kiss me. "Wow if that's all it took for you to kiss me like that. I would have called you mine a long time ago." 

"Yeah, I bet you would have," He said. 

He stared at me his smile fading away. He took a step from me. The complete turn in his emotions confused me. He was just fine, was it what I said?

"What?" I laughed a little.

"You're a demon," He muttered. "You shouldn't even be at this party. It's for Shadow Hunters. I've seen what you do. How do you do it? You're a demon, Lena. That's all you were ever made to be. You just ruined everything you touch, corrupt it until all that's left is pain," Alec snapped. 

He got close to my face. There was no love in his eyes anymore. He was angry, hateful and it was all directed at me.

"No, I'm not," I reached for him and he smacked my hand to the side. "Alec."

"Don't," He backed away from me. "Just leave and don't come back or I will have to kill you. All you've done is ruin my life, I should have listened to my mother. Everyone's right about you Lena. You are just too much to handle." 

He disappeared into the crowd. I looked around slowly trying to see things around me. Clary and Magnus were speaking near the corner. Magnus looked at me, his expression wasn't anything normal. He was glaring at me. He walked into a room. Clary moved for the door.