32

*edited*

"So you're going to use the angelic core? Are you serious?" Raj scoffed

"So you're going to use the angelic core? Are you serious?" Raj scoffed. I glared at him from the other side of the table. He was being a pain. He's always been a pain.

"This is our only chance to stop the corruption," Alec reasoned. "We're going to flood the ley lines with angelic energy, put an end to this once and for all."

"So your plan is basically divine drano?" Clary asked. I smiled at her. Alec moved his hand over the table the virtual institute came up.

"The only problem is the institute is not built on any ley lines," Alec put his arms behind his back. Raj tilted his head. "At least not yet. That's where Magnus comes in." Magnus stepped forward as he changed the image to the core.

"I know a spell that will allow me to temporarily divert the magic to the core. Once the ley lines are in place, you'll tap into the core and we can kiss the demonic corruption bye." Magnus waved his hand as the red lines turned blue once more.

"Right? And what happens if a demon shock wave hits while you're using your magic?" Raj crossed his arms. "The core," He moved his hand bringing the core up once again. "Will be totally exposed." He spun the projection until it burst. The core disappeared in a blue blast.

"Well that doesn't look good," Jace said.

"If we're lucky it will only vaporize the institute," Magnus reasoned. I laughed a little looking down at my hands. That wasn't funny. It was, but it wasn't.

"What if we're not lucky?" Isabelle asked.

"It's best not to think that way," Magnus gave her a tight smile.

"This is a risk we have to take," Alec interrupted.

"The whole point of building the institute away from the ley lines was to avoid something like this," Raj gestured to Magnus. "Why not just quarantine the warlocks outside the city?"

"Because kicking innocent people out of their homes isn't going to solve anything," I snapped back. His eyes fell on me. I glared at him. It took everything in me not to flip him off.

"Neither will blowing up the institute!" Raj yelled. I went to move around the table, but Alec grabbed my hand. Everyone erupted into shouts.

"That's enough!" Alec yelled. Everyone turned their attention back to him. "This isn't just about the warlocks. You know what happened at the hospital. Everyone is at risk." He stood up to his full height. 

"We are under siege by a greater demon. It is our job to solve this problem." Everyone stayed silent as Alec looked over them. "Evacuate the institute. Essential personnel stay behind." Alec ordered. Raj smirked as he turned his little group following after him muttering. I went to move, but Alec grabbed my arm again.

"I want to punch him," I hissed.

"I know, but we have to go downstairs," Alec put his hand on my lower back guiding me toward the elevator.