30

*edited*

Isabelle and I have been sparring for an hour or so

Isabelle and I have been sparring for an hour or so. She was good, but with my dual blades, I was better. The even weight allowed me to move faster than her whip and staff could handle. The sound of the metal's hitting echoed in my ears.

"Wanna talk about it?" Isabelle asked. I shoved her away from me confused as I linked my blades together.

"About what?" I breathed. 

Both of us were sweaty and tired, but I didn't want to be done. This is the best I have felt in a long while.

"Whatever is keeping you up at night?" Isabelle asked. "I can feel you."

"You go through what I've been through and tell me you don't have a few nightmares," I smiled as she came at me. My swords now in a staff-like manner. I heard her grunt as I swept her off her feet.

"Why are you so good?" She scoffed. I smiled and undid my blades as she flipped up.

"Maybe you're just out of practice," I said. 

We circled each other as she got her whip out ready to snatch one of my blades from my hands. I turned with her as I flipped through the air avoiding her whip. She caught both in one swing, but I shoved them apart watching it shoot back at her.

"Go fight Jace," She laughed.

"With pleasure, but he's flirting with Clary." I let her wrap the whip around my blade. I pulled it forward causing the whip to fall from her hand.

"Great," She smiled. "Alec, I tap out." She came forward grabbing the whip from the floor as it turned into the wristlet. Alec came in with two seraph blades. "Good luck." 

"I thought you had work?" I breathed twirling the swords in my hands.

"I did. I do," He moved closer to me.

"Mm, so now you just came in to fight with me?" I put the blades flat against the back of my arms as I waited for him to attack. 

"Something like that," He smiled. He lunged for me as I blocked his blades. "You've got a lot of energy still."

"It's adrenaline."

I shoved him back but didn't let him get far. The contact from the metal vibrated through my arms as I moved closer and closer to him.

"How long have you been in here?" He asked blocking one of my swords. I swept his leg bringing my sword to his neck.

"A little bit."

"You weren't in bed when I woke up," He said. I connected my blades helping him up with a huff.

"Okay maybe a little more than a little," I sighed. My chest rises and falls.

"Any reason?" He asked grabbing his sword off the ground. He was just getting warmed up.

"No."

I went up with my swords as he moved around my hands locking our arms together as he brought them down by my sides. I groaned as he forced my hands at my sides with a grin. When it came to pure strength, he beat me. Every time.