12

*edited*

"Who attacked her?" Clary asked

"The mole in the institute," Jace shook his head.

"She said it was Hodge," Alec said. 

He was leaning on me slightly our arms touching. I was in my gear once more while he was still in his dress clothes. They suited him well, the white made his hair look even darker. If that was possible.

"It can't be we've known him our whole lives," Isabelle shook her head. "No. It can't be." 

The video showed Hodge smacking Lydia as she flew into the table. He had the mortal cup in his hands. She changed screens to see him standing by Jocelyn.

"Look he's touching the ring," Clary pointed at the screen.

"He's talking to someone," I muttered.

"Where did he get that ring?"

"The forsaken, maybe?" Clary asked. I looked at her and nodded.

"Pull it up, that would make sense," I added. 

Isabelle pulled up the footage. I saw Alec get hit my body moving back slightly as I grimaced. 

"Switch to the other one," He said. I looped our arms together as I rested my head on his shoulder. I was so tired.

"There," Clary pointed. Hodge took the ring off the forsaken. He had looked around suspiciously and slid it onto his finger.

"Damn it," Jace snapped. "He can't be the only one working with Valentine. He's not the only ex-circle member."

"My parents wouldn't," Isabelle said.

"You just said that about Hodge," He pointed at the screen. He glanced at me again as he walked off.

"I'm going to talk to him," Clary moved, but I grabbed her arm.

"Don't," I loosened my grip on Alec. Clary gave me an odd look. She looked annoyed with me, but I just trying to help.

"Why?"

"He's uncomfortable with you, everything you've told him only makes his hate worse," I said. "I'll go. Keep me updated please." I told the others as I walked after Jace. "Jace. Jace!" 

"What?" He looked past me. 

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going after him, the longer we wait the more time Valentine has with the cup," He walked into his room to change. 

I stayed outside his door watching the others walk past. They were getting rid of the wedding decorations now. I was a wedding crasher, but it worked out in my favor. A part of me was grateful to Lydia for letting Alec go, but the other part loved to see her get attacked. It was horrible I knew that, but I couldn't help it.