37

*edited*

It had only been a few minutes

It had only been a few minutes. Although it's felt like hours. The doors were blown open. A rush of red threw each of them back. Lilith walked in going straight for Magnus.

"No," I muttered.

"You," She held her hand up to me. Her other went to Magnus as he lifted off the floor choked by her power.

"Kill me, but spare the others," He grimaced. I moved closer to her the glamour on my weapons unveiling themselves.

"Lena, stop moving," She muttered and I did. "If I didn't fear starting a war with your father I would kill you. No one is going to stop me from bringing my son back." She let him go. Magnus's body fell to the ground and he passed out.

"You." She came closer and closer to me until we were face to face. Her eyes moved up and down my body. "I can sense you know the feeling of loss. Loss of those you care for. Loss of your child." She touched my cheek as I clenched my jaw. "I just want my boy back. I am his protector. He was just a boy. A boy with no protector until he found me." She smiled. "I will do anything to bring him back. I need Jace."

"Just take me instead. Let Jace go," I muttered. She tapped my cheek with her long fingernail.

"I would, but I can't. Jace is the reason he is dead. He must suffer. He is also quite the efficient owl. Out of love and respect for my boy, I will not touch you." She stepped back as she destroyed the chains on Jace's wrists. 

"You have power, Lena. Use it. Don't let it go. Everything has been taken from you since you were young. I can help protect you. You can finally be protected." She reached her hand out to me.

My eyes moved to Alec and Isabelle. They wanted Jace back. Alec was going to do anything to get him back. Isabelle would sacrifice herself to get Jace back. I took her hand as we went back to her townhouse. She rested Jace's head on the pillow as she turned to look at me with a smile. 

"We will be a happy family, Lena. You will see." She stood up and came close to me embracing me. "You are similar you and I." She ran her fingers through my hair. "Relax my dear."

"Jonathan," I said. "Does he care for Clary in the same way he cares for me?" She clasped her hands in front of her stomach as she blinked.

"No," She admitted. 

Then she walked away into the other room seeing Jace still passed out on the couch. I stood above him with my arms crossed.

"Jace Herondale if you hear me," I whispered. "I swear I will get you out. You won't suffer forever. I'm here with you."

***

Jace had killed the group members that had taken Simon's sire. I was behind on a lot of things apparently. Like the rogue fledgling. Also a new downworld order or something. Simon had a new roommate named, Kyle, maybe? I didn't know.