48

*edited*

"Do you have her?" Jace snapped over the phone

"Lower your fucking tone." I hung up the phone as I moved around the corner. "Come on Clary." I breathed to myself. My phone rang again. "I swear to—."

"It's Isabelle," She interrupted.

"Okay, thank you." I sighed.

"Jace meant to say thank you Lena for staying up most of the night going after Clary while he made himself unconscious." There was noise on the other end. "Now you get back here before they get you too."

"On my way back," I hung up as I jogged back to the institute. The minute I entered they swarmed on me.

"They reinstated the kill order on Clary and Jonathan," Alec told me. I shook my head.

"Lena, we have to talk," Isabelle tried to jump in.

"We have to find my sister first," I said.

"Lena," She grabbed my arm pulling me to a stop. We held eyes at the others and stared at both of us. "Now."

"What's going on?" Simon asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing. I'll be there in a second." I told both of them as she pulled me to the side. "Iz, we've gotta find my sister."

"Alec told me you tried to get him to marry you last night," Isabelle stared at me. Her eyes the usual demanding state.

"I did, but the things have changed. We have to find my sister before her and Jonathan get the Morning Star sword. Did you get the antidote? A potent serum?" I went to move, but she grabbed my arm again.

"Lena, you have to promise me you won't make the decision to go with Asmodeus until we are finished with Clary," She stared at me. I gripped her arm right back.

"I can't just leave my sister like this," I said. She tilted her head farther. She wouldn't let me move if I didn't swear. "I promise Iz. I won't leave til we have Clary." She nodded her head letting me go as we both moved.

"Good. Good."

"Back to the serum?" I reminded her. She nodded.

"I'm still trying to make a stronger serum, but I'm almost done extracting the particles of glorious from the serum," She explained. We walked back into the others.

"You," Jace pointed at me.

"Me." I pointed at myself. "You aren't coming." I pointed at him. Jace just wanted to be there for Clary he didn't understand the situation we were in right now.

"Yes, I am." He followed after me. I walked past him toward Alec. 

"Lena, they will want you with them," Jace said. I turned around.