18

*edited*

"Do you think Aldertree would mind if we stay here all day?" Alec asked

He ran his hand up the back of my shirt. Well, it was his shirt. I was just wearing it for now. We'd been laying in bed all morning just enjoying each other's company. I knew when we left the room something would go wrong. It always did.

"Where would he be without his best shadow hunter?" I smiled as I leaned forward kissing him.

"You're an okay shadow hunter," He said. I sat up staring at him. He just laughed moving his hands to my hips. 

"Okay, you're really good." I pursed my lips. "You're the greatest." 

I smiled and kissed him again. We stayed in each other's room every night. I can't remember when it was the last time we slept separately. It was comforting having him near me and I was used to it. He was too.

"We do have to search," I kissed him. "For." Again. "The soul." Again. "Sword." He laughed as I leaned up again. He sighed and slowly sat up. I moved back on his hips making him stare at me. 

"I didn't mean to." I raised my hands.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" He asked. 

I slapped his shoulder making him laugh as we both showered and dressed. We each had clothes in each other's rooms so we didn't have to run across the hall every time. I paused touching my stomach for a moment. It was where my parabatai rune was. A rush went through me.

"Lena?" He asked. "Are you alright?"

"I—Uh—yeah," I nodded. "Sorry, I'm fine." I smiled. He looked at me worried.

"What was that?"

"I don't know." I lied. 

It was Izzy. I could feel her. She was having withdrawals. She had bad withdrawals earlier in the day, but now she was fine. She'd gotten vampire venom. 

"Sorry, let's go," I said. My phone started ringing. "Who's more popular?" I joked with Alec as I answered Jace's call.

"Clary is in danger," Jace spoke. "The blood oath is getting to her. We have hours to find Madzie before she dies."

"Wow, okay, this just got bad," I said.

"What is it?" Alec asked.

"Clary's blood oath is going to kill her. I have to find Madsie," I told him. "Jace I'll be there." I hung up. "Alec, I'll call you later okay? Find Izzy."

"Wait what?" He pulled his shirt over his head.

"Just find her, something is wrong, Alec," I told him. He stared at me his mind realizing what happened earlier. "Start with Aldridge." I took off running.

"Lena!" Alec yelled. I turned as he ran up to me kissing me. It was passionate but didn't last long. "Be careful."

"I will. You too," I whispered. "I'll see you for sushi tonight."