26

*edited*

I had just finished my debrief papers from the ordeal with Valentine and Johnathan

I had just finished my debrief papers from the ordeal with Valentine and Johnathan. I still couldn't remember what he looked like. I didn't know why. He was familiar. I knew that. A pain shot through my head if I thought too much

"Argh," I rubbed my temples.

"I don't think the screens are doing you much good," Magnus added. I turned smiling at him.

"Alec, called you didn't he?" I asked. Magnus raised his hands in the air.

"You can't blame him. You've been through a lot. He just wants to make sure that you're okay. From all angles," Mag smiled. "So other than angry with paperwork, how are you, Lilly?"

"I'm fine. I wish I could go out on assignment, but I guess I'm benched for a while," I grabbed the papers and put them into the folder.

"And that's a good thing. You need some time to rest. Just to let everything sink in," Magnus said. I stood up from the desk shaking my head.

"It's already sinking in Mag, but I can't do anything about it. It happened. Now I'm here. I'm trying to figure out where my brother is." I walked down the hall with him following me.

"How is that going by the way?"

"Dead end," I shook my head. "It's making me angry. It also isn't helping that I'm stuck here."

"What else is there for you to do?" Magnus asked.

"I don't know!" I yelled. He gave me a sad smile as I rubbed my face. "I'm sorry. I don't know. There isn't anything for us to do because I didn't get anything. I failed."

"You didn't fail Bean," Mag muttered. "You were injured."

"I could have done something. Anything. I'm smarter than that, Mag. They depended on me and I failed them," I shook my head as I walked to Alec's door. I knocked lightly.

"Lena," He smiled. I came in setting the papers on his desk.

"I finished the paperwork," I crossed my arms. "Have you eaten anything yet?"

"Thanks and I—uh," He looked at the time making me smile.

"I'll go grab us something," I patted his shoulder. Magnus was leaning against the door giving me a soft smile.

"Wait," Alec stood up. "I'm sorry I haven't seen you much today." He gently touched my arm.

"It's okay. I had paperwork to do and you have people to lead," I smiled. He took a deep breath brushing his thumb across my jaw.

"You're perfect," He leaned forward and kissed me.

"I'll get your favorite," I whispered.

"Mm, I love you," He kissed me again. "Mag is going with right?" I stared at him.