20

*edited*

"Mmm I haven't eaten in days and this food is amazing," Isabelle mumbled

She stuffed her face. I handed Sebastian the clean pot as he dried it. It was only right that I helped clean up after we cooked.

"I ate at this cafe in Paris once and I watched this chef make his Boullouniasse. The next time I wanted soup I copied him." He threw the towel over his shoulder.

"What do you mean you copied him?" Isabelle asked.

"I memorized everything he did. And then I did it myself, Vwella!" He smirked crossing his arms.

"Photographic memory," I muttered.

"Yeah," He looked at me. "Sometimes just knowing that someone else can do something as remarkable makes it possible for you to do it too."

"Lena, sit eat. Your soup is getting cold," Sebastian smiled. He gestured for me to walk around the table. I did and he set a phone on the table. "You need to call your Institute. Let them know you're okay." Izzy put her hand on it.

"I know," She sighed. "I've just let so many people down. I don't even know if he's ever going to forgive me." I shook my head.

"He will Isabelle. He's not upset with you, he just wants you to get better," I assured her as I tasted the soup. "Holy fuck." 

"It's good right?" Sebastian smirked. I nodded. "My guess is it may take some time, but I'm sure your brother will forgive you."

"I know, but Alec is just like my Mom. Stubborn and strong-willed," She sighed glancing at me. I shrugged.

"I mean you're right, but older siblings, you know," I ate another spoon full.

"I know all about stubborn and strong-willed mothers," Sebastian sighed as he leaned back.

"Yeah? Is she in London?" Isabelle asked. 

It was clear she was flirting with him, but I couldn't leave. I still didn't trust him all that much. It was too much of a coincidence on everything.

"No, no, she uh, well she's gone now," He said. 

His eyes fell on me. I looked into my bowl of soup taking another spoonful. He didn't need to know my mother was dead. 

"Oh I'm so sorry," Isabelle muttered.

"Oh don't be. She was miserable," He smiled. "In the end I forgave her, but she loved me. She just had a strange way of showing it."

"You mean like trying to kill you," I said into my soup as I took another spoonful. They both stared at me. "Sorry, I have mommy issues too. And daddy issues. And family issues." Isabelle laughed at me. "Don't laugh 'cause you have them too."

"Look don't let your brother worry you," Sebastian added. Isabelle sighed and looked down at the phone. She picked it up hesitating to call.

"Can you call him?" She asked me.