CH. 1 Run-In

Kori POV

Every time I see you I get a bad vibe

Just thinking of someone else in between your thighs

And you thought you were slick had tricks up your sleeve

But I'm sick of your stupid ass and I know you're tired of me

Avants separated blared through Koriannas Bluetooth speaker that was until an incoming call interrupted right before the chorus.

Someone would call me right before my favorite verse she thought to herself as she answered for her mother.

"So you done sulking or do me and your father need to come down there?" Kori heavily sighed "maaaa".

Korianna "Kori" had been in hermit mode for the last few months after a nasty breakup. She made the same mistake many women do she put her trust in an undeserving man.

She allowed history, potential, and love, to keep her stuck in an unfulfilling and very toxic 4 year "situationship" as she liked to call it with her ex-Symeir.

The breakup left her confused. It was well overdue but at 23 Kori felt like she should have way better discernment and self confidence than she currently had.

She was young, cute, childless, educated, and independent so why couldn't she find like minded counterparts? Shit made no sense to her but hey it's life, right?

"Korianna Lashay Simmons you don't hear me talking to you?!" Krishelle snapped, Kris didn't play and once she said her children's full name, they all knew she was irritated and liable to hurt their feelings.

"Ok Miss. Girl not the government yes ma I hear you I'm good I'm about to head to the gym in a few so I'll text you" she lied trying to rush it out in one breath to get her mom off the phone.

"Girl bye here go ya Daddys nosy ass he said why aren't you answering his facetime?" Kris huffed she rarely spoke to her baby girl these days and hated when her husband interrupted their girl talk.

"Mama if I answer it'll hang up on you why he facetiming me like y'all not in the same house?" and before Kris could answer Kori heard her fathers deep baritone.

"Don't question me lil girl now answer so I can see what you really doing" Deciding not to argue she answered her father's third facetime call and just like Bishop assumed his baby girl was still going through it.

Kori looked distraught in bed with her hair in a messy bun, dried tear stains on her cheeks, puffy red eyes, even the tip of her nose was red, she had been crying HARD.

"Yeah, going to the gym my ass you still crying over that bum ass lil boy"

Bishop Simmons was never one to hold his tongue especially when it came to his children. As a father he believed creating a safe space where his children could confide in him was just as important as keeping it real with them he'd leave the sugar coating to his wife and mother.

"Hi daddy I-I'm good it's just a little head cold I swear that's why I'm about to get up and try to sweat it out" She stammered as she quickly got out the bed.

Regardless of how old Kori was or thought she was according to her parents they would always call to check on her and check her if need be.