Ch. 4 Game Night

Kori's POV

As the night went on everyone continued dancing, cracking jokes, and of course taking shots including Tank- the designated driver.

Blaze had noticed his older brother laid back on the couch drinking but didn't think too much of it until he seen Tank struggling to stand up

"Aye who's driving back?" he whisper yelled to Sinn and Tizzy. "Ah fuck no Tank's drunk ass was supposed to drive" Tizzy responded as he watched Tank take back another shot.

After quarreling over who would be the new designated driver for 5 minutes Sinn decided he'd just do it. He was tired anyway and it was already after 2am. The girls also decided to go, it had been a fun night but now they all needed food and sleep.

As they left Kori felt eyes on her she didn't know if she was just tipsy and paranoid or if she was sobering up and becoming anxious. She began scolding herself for not taking her anxiety meds. Don't ruin the night, don't ruin the night, don't ruin the night, she quietly said to herself.

This was one of the things she hated the overthinking it was a constant mental battle and would always sour her mood then she'd start self-blaming.

Sinn had noticed her mood shift but didn't want to pry. It was the crack of dawn, and she may have been tired plus he had to babysit Tank. Once they became more acquainted, he'd definitely ask her about it though.

"Well damn what we need two cars for if they got this big ass truck?!" Krystal slurred "Because I'm not getting my car towed girl bring ya drunk ass on!" Maura snapped she was sleepy, hungry, and her feet hurt she did not have time for Krissy.

"Yes mummy" Krystal shot back in her best British accent causing everyone to laugh as she got in the passenger side of Maura's car.

After making it to the parking lot everyone exchanged numbers while Maura asked if they'd come to game night again. Blaze, who had to speak for an intoxicated Tank, assured Maura that they'd go.

He even suggested they throw it at their Airbnb since they had more than enough space. After agreeing everyone parted ways.

While Maura and Krystal were having a mini concert in the front, Imani was sound asleep, and Kori wasn't too far from it. What felt like 30 minutes later she was awoken by her name being called.

"Kori we home wake up" Maura giggled she could tell the girl was beat there was even a little drool on the side of her mouth. Finally realizing she was back in the complex parking garage Kori got up and exited the car.

"You want me to walk you to you door?" Although they lived in the same building it was a huge complex, both girls lived on opposite sides and floors of the building Maura wanted to make sure the she got in safe.

"No that's ok and thank you for bringing me out I will see you later ok" Kori hugged her and made her way to apartment. She finally checked her phone after letting it charge while showering, she noticed the group chat.

The guys were asking if they made it safely. Sinn had even facetimed her 20 minutes ago, but it was damn near 4 am and she didn't want to send the wrong message by calling back at this time.

Right before she could turn in for the night he called again, and she panicked. I look a hot mess and this man wanna facetime right now?! She huffed out loud. Deciding to answer she turned her light off the only light came from her muted TV screen.

"Oh, aight you know to answer when I call  and why can't I see your face?" He looked like he was fresh out of the shower the water beads dripped down his bare chest. Pulling the phone closer to his face he furrowed his brows waiting for a response.