Ch. 35 Think Again

The Simmons Residence

"What time did you call her again?" Krishelle nervously asked for what seemed like the 10th time in a row

Bishop sighed softly, his arms wrapping around Krishelle in a comforting embrace as he tried to reassure her. "I understand your scared baby. But we have to stay calm. Kori's a responsible girl, and she knows how to take care of herself. Let's give her a little more time before we start worrying too much."

"No Bishop a mother knows. Somethings wrong I can feel it" she admitted her voice tinged with worry.

The Simmons had been trying to reach Korianna for a few hours now  but no text or calls were going through, and even though he tried to keep a strong front for his family Bishop was just as worried as his wife.

This was unlike Korianna if he didn't hear from her or Sincere soon he'd be on the first flight to Houston.

After a few minutes he was able to somewhat calm his wife down and convince her to head to bed. Promising her he'd be up in a minute as soon as Krishelle was out of sight Bishop slipped off to his office.

Rustling through one of his drawers he found an old burner phone he vowed to only use it for emergencies and this was exactly that

Bishop's heart raced as he dialed the number, his mind filled with worry and concern for his daughter. He knew he had to tread carefully, not wanting to alarm whoever was on the other end of the line.

The phone only rung once before a familiar voice answered "B what you need?"

"I need to know if everything's okay with Korianna. We've been trying to reach her, but we're not getting through. Can you get eyes on her?" Bishop's tone was urgent, his words laced with concern.

There was a brief pause on the other end before the response came, "Is that even a question?" The voice scoffed.

"How long will it take?" Bishop pressed, wanting to confirm the safety of his child as soon as possible.

"Give me a few hours I'll be in touch and B?"

Bishop paused and sighed not liking the idea of waiting for a response "Yeah wassup?"

"Thank you" and with that the phone call ended.

Bishop hoped and prayed that Korianna was truly okay

Meanwhile ...

After a while the pain from his broken leg made Ricardo pass out.  When he finally came through he spewed out empty threats swearing everyone would be sorry for abducting him which forced Aubri to tape his mouth shut after knocking him out again of course.

Instead of heading to the Rojas estate they were being driven to an offshore location it seemed like they'd been driving for hours but Sincere didn't mind the silence and open road gave him time to think.

Something about this trip seemed bittersweet to Sincere, knowing this would be their last big job as a group before he went legit made him replay every deal, heist, and takeover they've gone through together.

I wish Tizzy was here he thought to himself

Although his doctor had cleared him to travel everyone decided it'd be best if Tahj stayed back in Texas that way he'd have eyes on the girls, Saint, and Melissa.

Sincere yearned for his family missing Saints laugh, Melissas nagging, he even missed Koris nervous stutter.

Haven't received any texts from Korianna or his mother was killing him. On a regular day he would've already received a plethora of TikToks, memes, and random pictures by now he knew something was off.