Ch. 34 Bad Feeling

Back in Houston....

"Come on Ma I know you'll love the farmers market" Kori pleaded with Melissa. Sincere had only been gone 2 days but she needed to keep busy.

"Mhmm how you know I'd love it 'cause I'm old?" Melissa asked with folded arms.

Korianna had been running around like a chicken with their head cut off since 5am. It was only 9am and the girl had cooked, cleaned, plus had herself and Saint dressed, fed, and ready to go.

"No, and you said it not me. I just want us to get there early to beat the crowd I think it'll get too overwhelming for tinka"

Melissa agreed after finishing her breakfast the trio were out the door.

"Ouuu girl you were right I sure do love the farmers market" Melissa blushed as the third gentleman who asked her out walked away.

"Ok now don't get nobody hurt out here you know how Sinn is" the women laughed and continued on with their day.

As morning turned to noon the farmers market became jam packed resulting in a fussy Saint. Kori had already changed, fed, and burped him but he was ready to go.

"Ok Mr. Bossy we're going we're going Ma you ready to go?" she asked still ogling over Saint she was starting to see more of Sincere in him every day.

Not hearing a response from Melissa caused her to stop in her tracks. There were now hundreds of people out and her phones reception was terrible. The stroller's wheels clicked against the pavement as Kori retraced her steps, hoping to spot Melissa in the crowd. She felt a pang of guilt for not keeping a closer eye on her surroundings.

Sincere's words echoed in her mind, urging her to stay lowkey, but now, her focus was solely on finding Melissa and getting back home.

She squinted against the bright sunlight, scanning the faces around her for any sign of Melissa.

"Where's your Gammie?" she asked looking down at Saint who was oblivious to the situation.  A hard thud against his stroller caused his lips to quiver a stream of tears and cries were sure to come.

When she looked up, her eyes met the same man who chased her to the elevator at her old apartment months ago he moved directly behind her even attempting to steal a glance at the crying infant.

Kori quickly slapped his hand away from the stroller and tried to rush away before he roughly grabbed her waist with one hand, she felt cold steel on her lower back.

"We meet again pretty girl, now keep walking forward. If you scream, I shoot." he whispered in her ear.

With his arms wrapped around her and the fake smile plastered on her face they looked like a typical loving family but that was far from the case.  Panic shot through her as she followed directions the man led her to an awaiting van in the busy parking lot.

Koris heart sank when the vans door opened it revealed a knocked-out Melissa with duct tape over her mouth. Hesitantly entering the van, she kept Saint close as the man slammed the door shut and hopped in the passenger side.

Twenty minutes later they were still driving there were no windows in the back so Kori had to steal glances from the front windshield, but trees and dirt roads were all she could see.

The sudden stop of the vehicle jerked her body forward almost waking the sleeping baby. Kori soothingly rubbed his back wanting to make sure whoever kidnapped them had no reason to harm the child.

Melissas eyes fluttered opened she glanced between her purse, Saint, and Kori hoping the girl would get the hint. Their captors seemed distracted as they barked orders and exchanged hushed conversations, providing a brief window of opportunity for Kori to act. With trembling hands, she reached into Melissa's purse, her fingers fumbling until they found what they were looking for.