Ch. 20 Emergency

Later that day...

The two couples decided to spend the day together first stop was brunch when their waitress came over Kori noticed the spaced out look Sinn held making a mental note to ask him when they were alone. 

"How was meeting the parents? I'm so mad I couldn't come I heard the food was good as hell" Krystal commented causing the girl to laugh. 

Sinn spoke first "You just like Tizzy, hungry ass girl but it was cool her families chill her pops beat my ass in spades and her moms can cook her ass off giving me plate after plate. I'm locked in now" earning him an awww from Krissy and a yessir from Blaze.

 "Yeah and his mom is so nice and adorable I was nervous and stuttering when I seen her just embarrassing as hell. I definitely gotta pop up on my mama in-law like she did me" Kori replied

 "Not mama in law ok now just lemme know when the wedding is so I can start my bridesmaid diet mmkay!" Krystal answered dead serious as the whole table laughed. 

The group decided to go kart racing since it was only early afternoon and they'd do a dinner with everyone else at the guys place. "Aight so what we playing for?" Blaze asked it was boys against girls so Sinn vs Krystal and Blaze vs Kori

 "Uh for fun this not a street race" Krystal rolled her eyes at her overly competitive boyfriend knowing he couldn't help himself. 

"Nah that's boring let me think of sum" before Blaze could think of anything Krystal's phone loudly rang. "Who tf is that ruining our race?" Blaze mugged her as she waved him off 

"Hey Mani w-wait what? Calm down I can't hear you oh my God we're on the way just stay on the phone oh my God oh my God" they watched as the girl began sobbing Blaze rushed to her side to console her.

 Korianna was scared in the few months she'd known Krissy she'd never once seen her cry so she knew it was something serious. Sinns phone sounded off thought I put this shit on dnd he thought to himself before answering Tanks call. 

"Yeah B, Krissy, and Kori right here Wassup? We on the way" Kori watched his whole demeanor change his jaw clinched, and eyes seemed to get a little darker. 

"We gotta go Tizzy got shot" he'd wait for Tank to give them full details Kori couldn't stop her silent tears from falling as they all rushed to the car. 

The drive to the hospital was dead silent besides the occasional cries and sniffles from the girls. Everyone's minds were racing not knowing what condition their friend was in just assuming the worst. 

After parking the car they stormed into the waiting area where they found Imani, Tank, and Maura. Imani sat on one side of the area far away from the couple with her head down, and leg bouncing while Maura sat on the other side holding Tanks hand. 

Kori walked towards Imani first "M-Mani it's me Kori I'm just gonna sit right here ok? I won't touch you or say nothing else if you don't want me too" 

She wanted her friend to know she wasn't alone and if she had to silently support her during this time she would. Although Imani never admitted it to anyone Kori knew her and Tahj were fond of each other so she knew besides the guys she was taking his shooting the hardest. 

Plus she was with him when it happened so she was probably traumatized. Imani slowly lifted her head towards the girl and Kori quickly embraced her in a tight hug as they cried into each other. 

Across the room Tank filled the guys and Krissy in on what happened Krystal could see the guilt written all over his face. 

"That bullet was meant for me I know it was!" Tank huffed the girls jumped when he punched a hole into a nearby wall they'd never seen him this upset. Blaze and Sinn had seen way worse so they waited for him to proceed