Ch. 46 Surprise

Two weeks later

Kori was thankful for the mommy daughter talks with her mother Krishelle she always had great insight, advice, and was never one to sugar coat her opinion. The time flew as the women talked on and on about Kori returning back to work, the family, and Sinceres extended stay in New York.

"Did you get a chance to tell Sinn about Adrian popping up on you?" Krishelle asked giving her daughter a knowing look

"N-no I'll tell him tomorrow I just want today to be about him" she mumbled

"Mhmm make sure you do cause you know how he gets when you hide things. You not tired of y'all breaking up to make up?"

Kori sighed her mom was right, but she didn't feel like having this deep of a conversation at the airport with so many eyes and ears around.

"Yeah, Ma, I am, but—" Kori was interrupted by a sudden noise, looking around in confusion. "What's that noise? I thought you said no kids allowed in the shop."

Krishelle frowned, also looking around to identify the source of the disturbance. "I did say that. Let me check."

As Krishelle got up to investigate, Kori's mind wandered back to her earlier encounter with Adrian. She knew she had to tell Sincere soon, but for now, she wanted to focus on making their reunion special.

The sound of a baby wailing echoed through the phone, and Kori could hear her mother, Krishelle, muttering in the background. Despite her frequent complaints about clients bringing their children, Krishelle always ended up offering them snacks, toys, and anything else to keep them entertained while she catered to the women in their lives.

Krishelle had been doing hair since middle school, starting with neighborhood girls who needed cute braided styles or a wash and set for a low price. What began as a hobby evolved into a thriving career. Now, her beauty bar offered a wide range of services, including nails, pedicures, lashes, hair, and eyebrow tints. The only services she didn't provide were facials, waxes, and massages, which were handled by her older sister, Roshelle. Despite Roshelle's difficult demeanor, her skill kept clients coming back to her nearby body and skin parlor.

"Mama, whose baby is hollering like that?" Kori asked, wincing at the loud crying that was almost causing her to miss her gait.

Krishelle sighed. "Oh, it's Ms. Thompson's granddaughter. She brought her in last minute, and the poor thing is teething. I've been trying to calm her down, but you know how it is."

Kori shook her head, a small smile forming despite the noise. "You always say no kids allowed, but you end up babysitting anyway."

Krishelle chuckled. "I can't help it. These ladies need their time to feel beautiful, and sometimes that means juggling a few extra responsibilities."

As Kori continued her conversation with her mother, she couldn't help but think about how much she appreciated Krishelle's dedication to her clients and family.

"Anyway I gotta go text me when you land and don't forget to share your location with your father" Krishelle hurried out before disconnecting the call.

:GIRRRRRLAAAA I KNOW you didn't just hang up on your favorite child 😒

💓💓👑MOMMIKINS 👑💓💓: AND DID 😘

: So you admit I am you and daddies favorite 🥰😁

💓💓👑MOMMIKINS 👑💓💓: BYEEEE KORIANNA lmk when you get there and share your location THANKS! 💋