Ch. 21 Messy Masquerade

Anonymous POV

2 weeks later ...

1 down and 3 to go. After watching Tanks crew for over a month I was finally able to hit one of 'em granted Tank was the intended target but everything worked out. 

It's like the crew just vanished because they were so busy tending to their now handicap friend Ricardo was able to take back the streets of Houston. He told me my job here was done but something didn't sit right with me if I paid someone half a million dollars I'd expect a complete job well done.

I decided to stick around a bit longer to watch Ricardo I didn't trust him call it my intuition.

 Knowing he was hosting a masquerade event with mob bosses, drug lords, and other top notch affiliates tonight I already had plans to sneak in. 

I knew Ricky wasn't a complete idiot so with my technical experience I was able to hack into one of his systems and add an alias to the guest list not bothering to skim through the hundreds of other names listed I'd see the attendings in a few short hours.

"Good evening miss can I have your name and proof of ID?" I quickly pulled out my fake ID handing it to the doorman "Allura Stone" I answered with a smile. 

He skimmed through his tablet then handed the ID back "All set miss" he replied moving to the side to let me inside.

 I wanted to smack the shit out of the woman who searched me but I kept my cool if I spilled blood now I wouldn't get the intel I came for. After being searched by their rough ass rent-a-cop security team I was in.

Strategically moving around the room making small talk and mingling I was able to identify a few of my former employers and their spouses but no Ricardo yet. 

After an hour he made his grand entrance with a beauty on his arm even with a mask covering half of her face the woman was visibly uncomfortable it showed in her walk and her smile. She'll be easy to break

Besides his nervous date I hadn't seen or heard anything unusual and a few hours had gone by I was ready to kick these heels off and catch a flight home until one of Rickys bodyguards whispered in his ear. 

Whatever he said must've been important because Ricky quickly excused himself from his guest and plus 1. Pretending to look for the ladies room I kicked off my heels and followed him standing a few feet behind.

Hiding behind one of the huge hideous house plants I watched and listened intently. Ricardo seemed to be having a heated argument with police chief Watkins. 

I assumed he came to shut the party down why else would he come to a function filled with drug dealers and killers? I was sadly mistaken...

"Where's my intel Quinones?! It's been months and you haven't given me shit!" Watkins spat Quinones is a informant?! 

Rickey snidely laughed in his face "Seems like you need me a lot more than you let off in the beginning Watts". 

Watkins losing his composure roughly slammed Ricardo into a nearby wall before whisper yelling "Watch your mouth if you don't get me what I need to convict half the degenerates in that ballroom and the kids from New York your ass is grass. Remember it's you or them there's no witness protection once they throw those RICO, murder, and aggravated assault charges on you. Someone better start talking or you'll be in handcuffs by next month."

Ricardo's face turned beet red he was pissed everyone knew he hated taking orders but here he was working with the law. 

Before he exited the police chief threw me for another loop "and since you've wasted enough of my time make sure you give me something on the exterminator as well. My sources tell me it's a woman, I wouldn't bullshit me if I were you" he chuckled menacingly making his exit. 

SHIT! I knew there was a catch I'd have to off him ASAP

When Ricardo walked back into the ballroom I figured it was the perfect time for me to head out until he reappeared with his date. 

I cringed watching him man-handle her "Latoya what the hell is going on with the New York mufuckas? You use to date one so you should be able to get close to them and get me what I need!" 

The woman didn't respond which pissed him off making him backhand her "answer me when I talk to you!" he hollered towering over her.

"I-I'm trying Rickey I'll get something this week" The woman stammered out

  "You better or you and that bastard seed good as gone. Go fix yourself up before you rejoin the crowd." I watched him fix his tux and plaster on a smile like nothing ever happened as he headed back to the ballroom.

The woman headed to the ladies room and I waited 2 minutes before entering behind her.

"Come on Sincere pick up! It's an emergency!'" she cried into her phone as I stood at the sink next to her washing my hands. 

Before I could dry them her phone rang and a woman answered "Whose this?" the girl on the other end must've asked.

"No who the hell is this and where is Sincere?!" the Latoya girl asked clearly irritated then she let out a sarcastic laugh "Tell him Saint's mother called" *click*and with that she stormed out the ladies room leaving me to wonder what the hell I'd gotten myself into.

A/N: How y'all feel about Ricardo the 🐀?

Latoya's playing a dangerous game you think she'll give Sincere up?

Please excuse any mistakes this is unedited 💕

Thank y'all for actually reading and voting 💕 I can't wait till y'all start commenting😂