Ch. 18 Unexpected Return

A week later...

"Why didn't my daughter in-law bring the new year in with us again?" Melissa pestered Sinn for the fourth time today.

 Since meeting Korianna and the Simmons on Christmas his mom had asked about her everyday her and Mrs. Simmons hit it off fairly well too. Apparently Krishelle knew a few eligible bachelors she wanted to introduce Melissa too.

 "Ma she's been packing and moving I didn't wanna get in the way she had to be out her old spot by today imma facetime her a lil later so she can show off the new one" he chuckled.

Sinn missed her as well but he had some business to tend to back home. He kissed his mom goodbye as he hopped in his range and sped to meet a relator. 

After viewing 4 different locations Owen his relator had sold him on the last store front. Sinn couldn't wait to bring his vision to life and surprise his mom, girlfriend, and brothers with his new business endeavor.

He stopped by a local florist shop to grab his mom a new bouquet of flowers knowing it'd put a smile on her face. That was the thing about Sincere he was always intentional and attentive especially when it came to the women in his life. 

Hating the fact he couldn't physically be there to help his girlfriend move he made sure she had some assistance and everything else she needed. Sinn smiled once he saw Kori texting him.

Suga🥰🫶🏾😘: I miss you already 🥺

Suga🥰🫶🏾😘: What you and ma doing?

Suga🥰🫶🏾😘: So you ignoring me now?

Suga🥰🫶🏾😘: IJWMPAFTB😩

: I miss you too mamas & ma's right here asking bout you AGAIN 🤦🏾‍♂️Get ya lil freak ass on & ft me when you make it to the new spot

It was clear Kori missed him too they hadn't seen each other in a few days and he was fiending for another taste of her. He was so occupied texting her back that he didn't notice the guest sitting at his mothers dining room table. 

"Ma I'm back!" he yelled assuming she was somewhere upstairs. It wasn't until he heard a voice clearing that he looked up with a natural mug.

"Hey Sincere longtime no see" the woman smiled "What the fuck are you doing here Toya" he gritted still mugging his ex girlfriend. 

Latoya and Sincere had been together for over 2 years they were madly in love and living with each other. Sinn knew she was the one he wanted to spend his life with so he had purchased an engagement ring deciding it was time to stop playing house and do things the right way.

When he made it back to their home there was a hand written note stuck to the refrigerator This isn't gonna work. Sorry for leading you on-Toya what he initially took as a joke ended up being a reality he tried texting and calling her several times but the number was out of service. 

He went as far as reaching out to her close friends and family members who unfortunately had no answers her mom Erica was just as shocked and disappointed as him. Ms. Roland just knew Toya and Sinn were meant for each other and she couldn't understand why her daughter would disappear without a trace.

Sincere was absolutely crushed as the realization that the woman he planned a life with didn't love or respect him enough to properly communicate whatever the issue was with him set in.

 He hadn't seen her in over a year and now that he finally moved on here she was popping up on his mother. 

"Sincere baby Latoya has something to tell you" Melissa hesitantly said noticing the angry mug on his face. He crossed his arms over his chest waiting for Toya to start talking.