Ch. 41 Reunited pt. 2

That same night....

"At least he don't hit like a bitch" Sam chuckled flexing his swollen jaw around while he smoked in the backyard with Bishop.

 It had been a little over an hour since the altercation with Sincere, Samuel refused to leave without having a civil conversation with his only child. Melissa was livid she urged Samuel to wait for Sincere to come around but of course he didn't listen. 

Bishop paused before laughing along "Yeah he almost broke ya nose damn like father like son I see. I can't talk though Khalil's temper ain't no better shit I don't know if being locked up helped or made it worse" 

"Man what!? Remember all the shit we use to get into of course we ended up with the hot heads. Must be our karma" Sam shook his head smirking at the memories 

"Hell yeah I still remember how pissed ya pops was bailing us out after that big brawl out in Canton. He knows your back?" Bishop asked passing the second blunt to his friend. 

Samuel and Bishop were old college friends who initially couldn't stand each other when they first met. Both men had big personalities and short tempers but after a few fist fights, and getting in trouble together they became brothers. 

"Yeah I called him of course he was the only one who didn't believe I was dead. Fell out with the whole family behind it shit's just fucked up right now and as you can see me being here ain't doing nothing but making matters worse."

While the two men talked amongst themselves Sincere stayed locked up in his bedroom with Saint. Watching his chest rise and fall intensely as the now 6 month old slept peacefully. 

He scoffed to himself wondering how Samuel could miss twenty consecutive years of his life. Did he no longer love him and Melissa? Maybe he had a second family. Did he do a 20 year prison bid? 

Sinn sat on the edge of the bed with his head down as he created numerous scenarios of why Samuel faked his own death. 

If the nigga wanted to be here he would've been he uttered to himself deciding he wouldn't dwell on it any longer. 

The sound of his stomach growling reminded him of the delicious meal Kori put together he hadn't eaten in hours gently picking Saint up careful not to wake him he made his way downstairs hoping his plate of food was put up. 

Just as he made it to the final step Saint began to fuss Melissa, Krishelle and the rest of the women looked up they were all having girl talk before they heard the baby boys whimpers. 

"Ouuu can I hold him please?" Aubri asked she had been wanting to hold him for a while but didn't want to overstep. Sinn nodded and carefully handed the baby over it was crazy how a child could change a persons whole demeanor. 

Aubri was a whole assassin yet here she was gushing and cheesing over his son. "Unca Sinn me next me next! Can I hold baby cousin next?" Kamari popped up from beside his mother eagerly 

"Yea Mari when Bri's done you can hold him only if Ma's next to you ok?" he shook his head yes and eyed the rest of the room down making sure no one else tried to skip his turn to hold his cousin. 

"Where's Mani?" Sinn asked after realizing she wasn't in the living room. "Outside smoking with the guys" Krystal answered the rest of the group thought nothing of it but Aubri handed the child over to Kamari and Maura before grabbing her purse. 

"Bri wait before you go can you grab everyone from the back for me?" Sincere already knew why she was ready to go but he wanted to clear the air with everyone first. 

The faint smell of weed traveled with the men and Imani as they walked in the home everyone seemed to be in better spirits. 

"Daaaamn I mean dang!" Tizzy exclaimed with raised arms noticing the glares Melissa and Krishelle shot him. 

"Yeah you need some ice or sum ya lip looks..." Blaze couldn't hold his laugh causing Tizzy, Tank, and Imani to join. 

Sincere smacked his teeth  he knew they'd never let him live this moment down. 

"Bryson" Melissa warned 

"Ma tell me he didn't get his shit split.. pause" Blaze stared at Melissa who giggled instead of denying it which caused the whole room to laugh. 

"Ma you deadass?" Sincere stale faced her 

"Ok ok Bryson, Tahj, and Ajani stop Sincere has something he'd like to share with us" she said giving Sinn the floor. 

"First I want to thank everyone for coming out especially Mr. and Mrs. Simmons it's always nice seeing my future in-laws" he winked at a grinning Krishelle. 

"Second I'd like to apologize I lost my temper and ruined the whole dinner. I didn't think about the time and effort y'all put into pulling tonight off or the fact that there were kids here. I was out of line. 

This whole thing just caught me off guard to see someone who you buried so long ago standing in the flesh.. it just fuck- I mean messed my head up."

He turned to face Samuel whose facial expression was now hard to read. "Look I'm willing to hear you out for the sake of my son. But I want the truth" 

Sam nodded in response still seeing a glint of pain and questions in Sinceres face. 

"Anything you wanna say Sam?" Bishop asked while he smacked on Kamari's fruit snacks and Saints gerber cheese puffs.

"Bishop if you don't get out them babies shit! Just high and hungry excuse me" Krishelle dashed to the kitchen snatching the kids snacks away from him. Kori just shook her head and smiled watching the two annoy each other.  

 "Yeah I apologize as well. I shouldn't of came on so strong this wasn't the time or place to make my presence known it was about you kids reclaiming some of the time you missed apart. 

Your mom told me you wouldn't be so easily receptive of me and that I should ease my way into your life but I felt like I waited 20 years too long. That's a conversation me and you can have man to man when you're ready. 

I would love to be apart of both you and my grandsons life but I know that'll probably take you feeling me out first we'd definitely need to be cordial and have some type of common ground I'd hate to have to bust ya ass every time I wanna spend time with Saint" 

"You still a shit talking mu-" Krishelle covered Bishops mouth before he could holler the rest of his sentence. 

Sinn smirked at his father and nodded the men shook on it "Sounds good we can link up some time this week and have that talk but for now a nigga starving bae you put my food up?" Kori hopped up and grabbed his hand leading Sinn towards the kitchen she'd been waiting to get his reaction to her food since earlier now she'd finally be able to get it. 

One by one the couples turned in for the night the Simmons were staying at a nearby hotel, Sinn didn't wanna know where his parents ran off to, and everyone else decided to spend the night well almost everyone. 

Sincere, Kori, Imani, Tizzy, and Aubri were the last ones up. Imani watched Tahj and Aubri try not to flirt they'd been eyeing one another all night and she'd had enough. 

"Listen y'all don't gotta pretend not to fw each other when I'm around Aubri it's clear you like this man. Me and Tahj already talked we both know we could never go back to what we were. 

Besides my new baes outside have a goodnight y'all don't get pregnant!" she hollered walking out the door. 

Tahj shared an I told you so look with Aubri before pulling her onto his lap finally with their bodies entwined both couples began winding down, enjoying each others presence as they eventually drifted off to sleep.

A/N: It's almost 3am so if none of this makes sense I truly do apologize I'll review it when I wake up 💕

Thanks for the comments and votes 😘