Ch.38 Backstabber

"I'm worried about Kori y'all I didn't even get to apologize" Imani sighed the tears in her eyes threatened to spill as she sat around the group. She had planned on popping up on the group to properly apologize and make amends but by the somber looks on every ones faces  she knew something was wrong.

Tahj was responsible for the women while the guys were away no one felt like a bigger failure than him at the moment. How did Korianna, Melissa, and Saint get snatched up on his watch? He couldn't wrap his mind around it.

Tahj explained the current situation to Mani and the other women they'd all been worried sick about their friend. Blaze sent an update text to him letting him know they had a plan and just to keep the girls out of harms way.

Sighing in defeat he walked towards the back of the home rolling up to clear his mind. Whoever took them had to be close enough to know when they'd be alone and to his knowledge besides her family, the crew,  and the girls Kori wasn't close to anyone else.

So deep in thought he didn't notice the slender frame sitting near him until they cleared spoke up.

"Tahj, it's not your fault. You know Kori would have a damn meltdown if she knew you were out here blaming yourself for this" The two might not have been on the best terms but Imani hated to see this side of him.

Startled, Tahj glanced to his side, surprised to find Imani sitting beside him. Her presence brought a mix of emotions guilt for the unresolved tension between them and relief that she was here, offering support. 

Closing his eyes inhaling the potent weed smoke Tahj nodded, grateful for her words of reassurance. "Facts her cry baby ass definitely would fuck around and make me feel bad for feeling bad" he chuckled imagining the pout on his friends face.

"Shits just crazy who else does she be with besides y'all?" he asked hoping Imani may be able to fill in some missing blanks for him.

"Can I?" she asked reaching for the blunt "I knew ya fiend ass wasn't coming out here to cheer me up you just wanted to smoke" he smirked while handing it over.

"Anyways, I don't know back when we were talking she only hung out with us but... She did mention some nigga I think Antonio, Alex hold on let me think" As Imani sat and thought about the anonymous guys name the others came outside to join them.

"Awww y'all kissed and made up?" Krystal asked in a hopeful tone, Imani shook her head no passing the blunt to Maura.

"Now girl you know I can't be smoking too much with Mari here. I don't know whose worse between him and Ajani always running my damn business to my mama"

They all laughed knowingly, Tank had Miss. White on speed dial he was quick to call his favorite mama in law on Maura whenever she got out of line.

"Do y'all remember someone name Anthony?" Mani asked still unable to recall the mans name.

"Who the hell is Anthony?" Maura choked out, Krystal laughed patting her back "Ok baby lungs that's enough, and no Mani I don't remember a Anthony whose that?"

"The one that took her to eat his kid was in her class. Come on y'all know I smoke too much but I DO remember her telling us that" 

Krystal clapped her hands excitedly "Ouuu Adrian! Adrian Woods I remember now Kori said he told her not to call him Mr. Woods. But what would he have to do with any of this?" 

The group fell into a thoughtful silence, each contemplating the possibilities.

"I don't know but imma look into the nigga just incase" Tahj mumbled