Ch. 19 Mrs. Woods

2 Weeks Later...

Kori POV

"Ok who wants to read the next part?" Korianna asked the students she'd normally select a random student but wanted to see if anyone wanted to volunteer today. Smiling as Aniyah slowly raised her hand she was so happy the girl was becoming more confident Kori nodded encouraging her to begin.

"Bubble, bubble, pasta pot, boil me some p-pasta, nice and hot

I'm hungry and it's time to sup, boil e-enough pasta to fill me up

and the pasta pot bubbled and boiled and was suh-suddenly filled with st-steaming hot pasta"

Aniyah only stumbled over a few words which she quickly sounded out alone as she read a paragraph from Strega Nona. "Great job Aniyah!" Mrs. Moore complimented in shock while Kori gave her a thumbs up the young girl beamed smiling at both teachers.

It was now the end of the school day and Aniyah was the last student left Korianna didn't know if she should text Adrian or not so she waited a little longer and started helping with the math homework. 

By 4pm the sounds of someone rushing in caught their attention a beautiful brown skin woman hurriedly spoke "Hi I'm Mrs. Woods, here to pick up Aniyah" as if it wasn't obvious, she was the only student left. 

"Oh ok I'm Ms. Simmons nice to meet you" Kori gave her a tight lipped smile as the mother gave her a stank look and mumbled a mhmm the hell is that about... she thought to herself.

"Hey mommy" Aniyah said just above a whisper offering a half-hearted smile as her mom stood tapping her foot like she was tired of waiting and didn't pick her child up a whole hour late.

 "Come on lil girl I got things to do!" the woman snapped rushing the child who had just grabbed their jacket.

 "Bye Aniyah see you next week" Kori smiled and waved as the pair left out the brief encounter with the girls mother made her feel uncomfortable the woman put emphasis on the Mrs. and grilled her like they had a problem. 

Not wanting to rock the boat she let it slide for now if it happened again she'd be sure to bring it up to Adrian.

After running a few errands she was finally back home it was Friday night but Kori planned on inviting the girls over to chill not interested in going out. She text the girls only group chat seeing who was free for a movie night both Mani and Momo were busy but surprisingly Krissy wasn't and promised to sleep over. 

She cooked, cleaned, and played music while she waited on Krystal to arrive.

Liked by SINNCITYZ_FINEST and others

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Liked by SINNCITYZ_FINEST and others

Adoree.Kori: Movie night w. bae 💕 @Theyenvy_Krissy 👯

Krystal arrived with wine and snacks Kori fixed their plates and turned on mean girls while they chatted. 

"Damn is it good?" she asked watching Krystal devour her food "Good as hell especially the cheesesteak!" she responded after taking a break to sip some wine.