Ch. 44 A&T

Later that evening

Aubri paced the kitchen floor waiting for the group facetime to connect. When it finally did Kori, Maura, and Krystal eyed her with concern. Krystal was the first to speak

"Bri? Is she on mute why can't I hear anything?"

"Do we need to stop by?" Maura asked tapping on her purse

Kori quickly jumped in knowing exactly what Maura was insinuating  "Momo please calm down Aubri say something you're making us nervous"

"I don't think I can do this. I haven't been this nervous in a while what if he doesn't like the food or.."

"Ya tough ass is really Kori Jr. oh my God" Krystal snickered

"Relax if you followed Kokos instructions then you good. The real question is did you wax cause the food ain't the only thing getting ate" Maura said getting straight to the point causing the group to laugh.

"Yes Mo I got waxed I even got a cute little bedazzle design" she smiled thinking about it.

Aubri's heart swelled with a mixture of excitement and nervousness as she contemplated taking the next step with Tahj. She had never felt this way about anyone before, and she was certain that she was ready to move forward with him.

In Tahj, Aubri found someone who truly understood her in a way no one else ever had. His patience, kindness, humor, and compassion spoke volumes to her, making her feel seen and valued in a way she had never experienced before. Not to mention, Tahj was undeniably handsome.

With Tahj, Aubri felt safe and protected, shielded from the harshness of the world by his unwavering support and affection. He didn't expect her to be anything other than herself, and he defended her fiercely whenever the need arose. With him, she didn't have to be the tough, stoic assassin she often felt like; she could simply be a girl, his girl.

Their dates were always filled with adventure and laughter, whether they were wine tasting, rock climbing, or picking strawberries. Tahj was the epitome of a gentleman, always opening doors, pulling out chairs, and insisting on treating her to everything they did. Despite her protests, he never let her reach for her wallet, his generosity a constant reminder of his love and devotion.

"Not you daydreaming about that man like we not still on the phone miss girl" Kori teased interrupting her wandering thoughts.

"I wasn't"

"You lying like shit face red as hell it's ok you love that man don't you?"

"I don't know... I think so" Aubri answered honestly.

"Awwww you really do love my bestie" Kori swooned causing her to smile.

The women offered a few tips and tricks for the bedroom to ensure their new friend was confident and excited for the night ahead before wishing her good luck and ending the call knowing the girl would probably enjoy some time to herself to freshen up and think.

As she hung up the phone, Aubri's mind was swirling with doubts. Maybe I'm moving too fast, she pondered aloud, the uncertainty lingering in the air.

It was unlike her to second-guess herself, but this situation felt different. It wasn't just another "drill," as Blaze would call it. There was no money involved, but the stakes were still high. Everyone knew that when it came to matters of the heart and emotions, you had to tread carefully.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her phone notifications going off. A slew of text messages poured in from the group chat,

Momo 😈: We ain't hear from you in a min you getting fucked ain't it 👀?