Ch. 17 A not so merry Christmas

Xmas Day...

The 30 degree weather and snow covered streets really made the holiday come together. The Simmons had a festive and lively holiday tradition with their potluck-style dinner, gift exchange, and the element of Secret Santa. 

 Kori's favorite part, the gift exchange would always be hilarious and thoughtful. She thought of last years exchange, her moms best friend TT Ana got her a YSL Libre perfume set and a new vibrator that she hid under a pillow.

Not wanting to deal with family drama Krishelle decided to do a intimate dinner excluding friends and extended family it'd just be her husband and kids. Although she was happy, Kori couldn't help the gnawing twinge of guilt she felt knowing she was the cause of the families current rift. 

She knew her mom loved going all out for the holidays and looked forward to spending quality time with her whole family.

"Ma you need help with anything?" Kori yelled before entering the kitchen stopping to admire the deep smile on her mothers face as she danced to old r&b with her father.

 "Eww y'all cheesy as hell" Khalil interrupted as he laughed at his parents. That's what Korianna wanted someday a beautiful home filled with genuine love, laughter, and peace.

 "Boy get ya lonely ass on and get out my kitchen!" Kris laughed while Bishop flipped him off.

"What we use to say my baby?" Bishop smirked "They hate us cause they ain't us!" they said in unison Korianna and Khalil made eye contact before breaking out in laughter their parents were still very much in love and corny as hell it was adorable.

 "Kori wash ya hands and grab a apron you can do the green beans and desserts everything else is almost done" following her moms instructions she got to work.

Growing tired of her moms throwbacks Kori connected her phone to the Bluetooth speaker allowing her r&b playlist to start. Eric Bellinger's Obsession blared through the speaker

You ain't nothing like I thought you was

You my left and right you my all above

You got character nothing compares to you

Know you've been all that I needed

More than I was completed

Don't you get too conceited

And that's where I gotta leave it

Krishelle watched as her eldest daughter sang her heart out she couldn't help but smile and nod knowingly "It's an obsession huh? who sings this? I like this lil song" she asked. 

"Eric Bellinger I love him we gotta go to a concert he sounds good live too" she answered thinking nothing of the question. 

"Mhmm so how you enjoying Texas anything or anyone new? I didn't get a chance to ask about Sin last month" Krishelle smirked as Kori blushed.

"Mama please stop. But Texas has been good I might be moving to a new place soon though I found a real cute condo so I'm thinking about it" 

Kori couldn't possibly tell her mom she was moving because her drug dealing boyfriend had opps stalking her so she kept it vague. 

"Oh ok condos are expensive is that why you haven't really touched the money me and daddy sent to your account?" After nodding yes she quickly turned and continued cooking avoiding her mothers gaze she was a horrible liar and didn't want to slip up. 

Truth is she did use some of her parents money for Christmas gifts but they didn't need to know that.

"Mhmm you not slick so what's new with Mr. Sin that's still your friend or..." her mom trailed off as Kori kept her back turned as she was full blown blushing now.