Ch. 10 Date Night

Kori POV
Saturday....

The big day was finally here and to say she was nervous was an understatement. Even though she emphasized the word outing it was clearly a date.

Deciding not to bother Maura who had been busy with work, Kamari, or spending time with Tank Kori facetimed Imani and Krystal to calm her nerves.

Mani answered first her mouth filled with food per usual and it was clear she was preoccupied. It looked like she was sitting on someone's lap and a large pair of arms were wrapped around her waist. Krissy answered the phone shortly after.

"Oh uh my bad Mani boo I didn't know you were busy I can call you later K?" Kori responded awkwardly not wanting to cock block.

Her friend was clearly smacced, well fed, and comfortable with whoever she was with.

"Riiiight how you just gon answer while you're clearly booed up?" Krissy asked putting her face closer to the camera.

"Girrrrrrlaaaa and you answered in a face-mask hell yeah it's bros before hoes you know this!" the girl responded walking away from whoever she was with.

"Uh huh so where you at and who you with cause I see you turned ya lo off sneaky hoe" Krissy pried all the girls shared their location with each other for safety purposes.

"ANYWAY Koko wassup you ready for ya date tonight?" Mani asked skillfully dodging the girls burning questions.

Kori just sighed in response not knowing where to start. "To be honest y'all I might cancel" both girls gave her a confused look it was clear both her and Sinn liked each other.

"Did he do or say something wrong? Cause we can jump him for real" Krissy blurted out. Mani co-signed with a mhmm and head nod but it really wasn't Sinn.

"It's not him y'all it's m-me I'm too d-damaged to date right now" she stuttered on the verge of tears.

Then the self-criticizing started, with her mind racing she thought of all the reasons Sinn wouldn't take her serious.

She thought about how she ran away from her problems back home, how she barely spoke up for herself, was always a nervous wreck, extremely self-conscious, a push over, and  could easily be overlooked by a more outgoing and confident girl.

"Aht aht! Get out ya head nope we're not doing this tonight." Imani basically screamed through the phone startling both girls.

"You was SO excited about tonight I say fuck it just vibe twin. But if ya really not trynna date anyone right now at least let him know so y'all on the same page" she added.

"I call bullshit. A blind man can tell that you on Sinny Sinn real bad say I'm lying" Krystal eyed the girl waiting for a rebuttal.

"OK, I like him REAL BAD but I'm sure he's not checking for a girl like me he probably looks at me like a little sister or homegirl" she answered in a defeated tone.

The girls just smacked their teeth in annoyance.  "Girrrrrllll stop the cap he does NOT look at you how he does me, Momo, or Krissy." Imani waved her off.

"Well, she won't know until she asks him and tells him how she feels" Krissy chimed in.

Now it was Koris turn to smack her teeth "Ok, I'll tell him when you tell Blaze you like him" she countered.

"Bye girl this ain't about me!" Krissy rushed out while Mani laughed watching the two stale face each other.

After a few more minutes filled with laughs and pep talks the girls ended the call. They had convinced Kori to go, and she was on the way to pick up her date.