Ch. 33 Safe Travels

Sinn POV

"Hey Ma" I mumbled stepping aside to let her in

"Now is that any way to greet your mother? I know you're not still mad" she sighed.

I just went outside to grab her suite case still feeling a way about her questioning my parenting abilities, I wasn't about to argue with her about it though.

"Is that gammies tinka man? yes it is yes it is!" I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard my mom's cooing and Saints laughter that's how excited she was to be reunited with her grandson.

"Hi Ma I missed you how you been?" Kori asked after they shared a hug I already knew my mom would want to sleep in Saints room so I made sure to carry her suite case to his nursery.

Me and Kori picked out a queen size bed and frame to fit in his room so she could be comfortable. I just knew my mom planned to spend her entire stay spoiling Saint and I didn't mind at all.

The possibilities of something going wrong were endless not wanting to add anymore to Koriannas plate I kept it to myself. Saint was supposed to go to New York with my mom but with his leg still healing and his upcoming appointments I didn't want to risk it.

Now the most important people to me were all in one place.

"Yeah I been good I'd be better if my stubborn son would talk to me but hey" my mom spoke loud enough for me to hear once I made it back downstairs.

"Ma I did speak to you what else you want me to say?"

"Korianna, baby can you give me and Sincere a moment alone?" I watched Kori glance between my mother and I before grabbing Saint and heading upstairs.

"Ma-

"No Sincere, I'll go first. I was out of line for ever insinuating that you couldn't handle being a parent. Truth is I was speaking my own insecurities onto you I love you more than I love myself and...."

Hearing my mothers voice unexpectedly crack and watching her fight back tears fucked me up.  I'd only ever seen her cry a handful of times and majority of those times were during life changing events.

"I'm sorry for speaking fear into your fatherhood journey, I'm sorry for allowing you to grow up too fast after your dad died, and more importantly I apologize for not trusting your judgement I hope you can forgive me"

By this time we both had shed more than a few tears. I squeezed her tightly as she cried into my chest.

"Ma of course I forgive you I never blamed you for my childhood. You were a single mother raising a son in the hood don't beat yourself up behind the dumb stuff I chose to do.

I love you too and I'm sorry for being childish my feelings were hurt and I should've just said that instead of ignoring you." I spoke truthfully

My mom pulled away from the embrace, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. "Thank you, Sincere. I needed to hear that."

I nodded, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. As much as I dreaded having this talk it went better than expected.

"We're here now, and that's what matters," I said, offering her a small smile.

She returned the smile, her eyes still glistening with leftover tears. "You're right. Now, let's focus on being here for Korianna and Saint. They need us."

With a sense of relief washing over us both, we headed upstairs to join Korianna and Saint. As I walked into the nursery, I saw Korianna playing with Saint on the floor, his laughter filling the room. My heart swelled with love for my little family.