Ch. 25 The Truth

Kori POV

It had been weeks since she cut things off with Sincere. Taking her therapists advice, she began doing more things on her own her new favorite solo activities included baking new recipes and attending Pilates class once a week. 

Unfortunately cutting Sinn off meant distancing herself from their mutual friends too.

It wasn't their fault he didn't tell her about a baby mama and child according to Maura none of the girls knew. But Kori didn't want to risk the chance of running into him yet so she put herself first by ducking and dodging everyone else.

After a while she missed the group and hated to admit it but she missed Sinn too. Ms. Knight still called and checked up on her assuring Kori that she was still her daughter in law.

One of the things she liked the most about mama Knight was she wasn't messy and said what you needed to hear not just what you wanted to hear.

 Mama Knight agreed her son was wrong for withholding information but didn't think Korianna was right for storming out and shutting down before hearing the full story. 

When Kori asked about Toya and Sinn she told her Sincere had no knowledge of having a child until a few weeks ago but if she wanted more details she needed to go to the source. 

Of course Krishelle and Melissa still spoke and although she was disappointed in Sincere she knew her daughter still loved him. Krishelle advised her daughter to catch up with the her friends and when she was ready have a honest conversation with Sincere about everything. 

Missing her friends dearly she decided to take her moms advice and accept Mauras lunch invite. Lunch would be at the guys new place so there was a 90% chance Sinn would be there but she was done hiding.

If he was still willing to talk she was willing to listen.

"I must be seeing shit" Tizzy scoffed grabbing his chest in fake disbelief when he seen her at the door.

"Tahjy it's me I missed you too best" she smiled big almost knocking Tizzy and his crutches down with a huge hug.

She smiled even bigger when she heard Kamari rushing towards her his little stomps gave him away before he was visible. "Hiiii TT Koko!" He screamed in excitement.

"Hi Mari baby!" She instantly picked him up and laughed as Maura smacked her teeth. She always fussed that Kori spoiled him too much but both girls knew she loved her best friend and son's bond.

"Bye girl stay outta auntie and nephew business" Kori waved her off.

Upon fully entering the guys new place she was met with unreadable expressions from the group. "H-hey y'all" she nervously spoke.

"Yo ass been MIA for a month and a bullshit hey is all you gotta say?" Blaze questioned catching everyone off guard.

Everyone knew Maura and Tahj claimed the girl as their best friend but her absence affected everyone.

It was bad enough he had to hear those two complain about missing her but Sincere and Krystal didn't make it any better.

He knew Sinn became a little depressed after their fall out and with all the shit going on behind the scenes, Blaze didn't understand why Kori couldn't at least reach out to someone in the group to let them know she was good.

Koriannas mouth became dry she didn't know what to say. "Unca B don't swear at my TT!" Kamari let out he didn't play behind his aunties or uncles he'd call anyone out over them including his own mama.

"Uncles sorry Mari we good?" Blaze asked the boy who shook his head yes before jumping off Kori to dap him up.

"We coo Unca B"