Ch. 30 Secrets Revealed

Kori pov

"You need help bae?"

Kori stopped by the guys house to keep Tahj company and check in on her friend. They hadn't been able to hang out as much after his accident and she didn't want him to feel neglected.

Imani was also over the house which wasn't unusual, but Tahj was clearly annoyed his forced smile did nothing but make it more obvious.

Out of all the couples these two argued the least and were always a good vibe maybe it was the weed but they complimented each other so well.

"I'm straight" he huffed as he hopped out of the kitchen on his crutches.

Kori didn't believe in stopping by empty handed, knowing the male was a foodie she decided to make them lunch.

"Is everything ok Mani?" Kori asked once Tizzy was out of earshot as she began prepping for the meal.

"Yes, why wouldn't it be?" Imani asked with a frown catching her off guard.

Assuming she overstepped Kori offered a quick apology looking past her friend's standoffish demeanor. "Sorry didn't mean to pry"

"Then don't." Imani responded with an eye roll

If Imani didn't wanna talk about the issue then she wouldn't but Kori refused to stay where she clearly wasn't wanted.

Kori placed the groceries in the fridge, washed her hands, and proceeded to the living room where Tizzy sat occupied by his ps5.

"Tahjyyyy you wanna go out for lunch instead? I'm not in a cooking mood anymore"

Tahj readily agreed, oblivious to the underlying tension between Kori and Imani. As they left, Imani retreated further into her shell, choosing isolation over confrontation.

Despite the rift between them, Kori couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness at leaving Imani behind. But she knew that pushing would only make matters worse. So, she left Imani to her solitude and headed out with Tahj, hoping that time apart would help.

"HOLD OOOON WHATCHU KNOW BOUT DIS BEST NAH RUN IT BACK!"

This was the reason she came over to see her best friends smile and to get a good laugh. Kori giggled at his reaction letting FWC Big Keys clear the air blast through her car while the two rapped along.

We like a hoop team cause we score transition
How you can't find me? I'm in the hood transmission
One call got em dropped I guess he had cricket
PAID NIGGA HAD PAPE BEFORE A PANDEMIC

She loved when people assumed her music taste based off her looks of course, she enjoyed her r&b, soca, and afrobeats, but hip-hop and rap also had her heart.

"Lemme find out you was a street nigga in ya past life Ko"

The friends arrived at a popular soul food spot eating and catching up.  Hoping to get a clear answer from him, Imani became the topic of conversation 

"You and Mani... y'all good?"

"Ion even know Ko I fucked up and kissed Aubri I told Mani and..." she watched him drag both hands down his face in frustration. "She fucked another nigga Kori I'm stressing over a kiss and she fucking a whole other nigga.

I told her we through she start wildin saying it's my fault I been distant and mean. I been lashing out on her because I can't move how I use to and it's not her fault I got shot. She been neglecting herself cause she's too busy helping me."

Kori couldn't believe her ears, Tahj was one of her best friends literally like another brother to her. He had no reason to lie about the situation but why would Imani do this to him?