Ch. 37 Sneaky Creepy

Adrians Residence

"You don't think it's weird all this shit start happening as soon as you bought Cole around?" Adrians eyebrows raised he knew Noah and Cole couldn't stand each other but this was a new low for his friend.

The annoyance was written all over his face this petty beef between the two men was the least of his concerns. "So, what you trying to say?"

Noah just shook his head "I'm saying some way somehow he's involved. You been out the game since Aniyah was born, never had unpaid debts or bad blood with no one. Who wo-"

"Nigga you don't think the shit already crossed my mind?! My fuckin daughter's life is in someone else's hands and you talking bout some dumb shit!" Slamming his hand on the desk in frustration.

Noah watched Adrian's frustration boil over, understanding the depth of his concern for his daughter. He knew Adrian to be a devoted father, and the situation with Aniyah's disappearance had clearly pushed him to his limits he'd never seen him act as reckless and impulsive as this.

Adrian hadn't seen his daughter since Valentines Day weeks ago, assuming Katia was still mad about their argument he decided to give her a little space to cool down, but he missed Aniyah.

His concern grew when he arrived at Aniyah's school and the receptionist told him she'd been absent most of the week. "Why didn't anyone call me?!"

The receptionist quickly explained that he was no longer listed on her contact list and per school policy they were only allowed to call whomever was on file.

Adrian was livid, knowing he was crystal clear when he told Katia to keep Aniyah in Mrs. Moore and Koriannas class. She made so much progress but her mothers insecurities outweighed what was really important per usual.

Being unable to contact his child forced him to go searching for Katia her car was in the driveway but she wasn't home, none of her close friends or associates had seen or heard from her in a while either. Knowing how petty she could be he popped up at her job since she wouldn't answer any of his calls or texts. He hated coming to this side of town and felt like Katia purposely worked here just to spite him.

She worked as a bottle girl at a well-known strip club, but he knew better than that. Since he and Katia were no longer together, he stopped concerning himself with how she made he money as long as his daughter was safe, loved, and well taken care of he could care less with how her mother made a living.

When he arrived at the club he couldn't spot her but he felt someone watching him. You can take a person out the hood but you can't take the hood out of the person although he stopped running the streets when his daughter was born he still was on high alert and clutched his piece just incase wherever he went.

Obnoxiously loud music, cheap liquor, fake ballers, and half dressed women running around wasn't his scene at all. Turning around to head out he bumped into his distant cousin Cole.

"Damn how you been cuz?" Cole shouted over the music the two were never too close growing up only seeing each other a few times a year.

Adrian's tension eased slightly at the sight of his cousin Cole, though he still kept his guard up. Family ties were complicated, especially when it came to someone like Cole, who had a reputation for being involved in shady activities.

"Cole, what are you doing here?" Adrian asked, trying to keep his voice steady despite the unease he felt in the club.

Cole smirked, his eyes scanning the crowded club with a knowing glint. "Just here to handle some business, you know how it is," he replied casually, though Adrian could sense there was more to it than that.