S2: Chapter 42

I decided that I'll climbed to the tree I just saw and then observe the place. From the dirt I noticed in the grass earlier, some of the students tried to ran in this direction but then the tracks stopped. I wonder why they stopped at that point.

I'm expecting a lot of second years this time. Pero according to Shanris who's already a third year, last year and nung time na first year palang siya, wala raw talagang masyadong 3rd years ang umaattend ng Rookie Hunt maliban sa mga students na kulang yung merit  requirement. This is their chance para madagdagan yung merits nila ng mabilis at madali.

That being said, I'm not expecting for Neron, Arthur, Achlys and other strong students to attend here in this year's Rookie Hunt. I mean, they'll probably think it's a waste of time and let the other students hunt for themselves.

Maya maya'y may narinig akong sigaw mula sa malayo at misltulang may humahabol sa kaniya.

"It started" I mumbled to myself as I formed a big grin in my lips

I hid my mana presence to make sure that no one can tail me when I search for Killes.

This is it! My chance to make the people responsible for the death of my Lina bite the dust! Hahahaha! I can't wait.

It seems like I don't have control anymore in myself. I am excited, I am nervous, I am happy, I am anxious. I'm experiencing a lot of emotions while I am hopping from trees to trees.

Suddenly, a sharp pain pierced my heart and it made me lose my balance and I fall with my face on the ground. I become paralyzed for a moment and I can't get up because of the pain. I gritted so hard and tried to get up but because I cannot control my body, my saliva flows out of my mouth.

What is this? This feeling is similar to what I felt during the time that me and Lina were being attacked by the Volzenklein assassins.

Once again, I was reminded of the death of my beloved during that day.

No... This is bad, the memories keeps on returning.

Unexpectedly, I felt some of the students were walking their way to come near me.

"Look, isn't this the Rei kid from Tempest Spear?" said the student

I can't see their faces because my face was slumped in the ground.

"How lucky! What happened to him? He seems paralyzed"

I feel that the other guy was walking towards me and then kneeled in front of me. He suddenly grab my hair and that made my head lift up to see his face. I give him a death glare. That's the only reaction I could give because I can't move my body.

"You're as handsome as the rumors said" the guy said

He suddenly took a knife out of his pocket and the whole group started to laugh.

"Now, will you still be able to called handsome if I put a scar in your face?" nakangising usal nito

This jerk, even if you wound my face, I could heal it with my magic. But to humiliate me like this? I will never forgive you!

"Still giving me that death glare huh? Don't be too cocky, boy" he clicked his tongue and started to move his knife in my face

I closed my eyes and feel the mana flow in my insides. I focused on bringing all the mana I have and have it release.

In a matter of seconds, the group of students who attacked me was pinned in the ground because of my chantless spell.

"I- I can't move!" sigaw ng isang estudyante