Prologue

Prologue

So is this how my life ends...

"Behead her now!"

"Such a villainous woman should die!"

I can clearly hear the voices of my own friend's and colleague's condemnation in me while I am kneeling to the ground. My body were covered by many bruises and my hands were tied in my back.  The glares in their eyes makes me feel that we don't share memories.

Is this my karma? I only wanted to be brave, I want to be myself. I just don't want somebody to hurt me, why do they hate me so much?

"Adelaide Reisel von Lascena"

I began to lift my head slowly to see the man who spit my name.

"Your execution will begin" he continued

I smiled bitterly as I saw the man that I truly love was staring at me in resentment. Prince Alexis, I love him very much that I could do anything to make him mine. But, he's now furious to me and sadly that he's the one who will kill me. I look in my sister's direction and her smirk make me sick.

I'm here at the town's circle as my execution will held in public. I was accused by harming my sister, Ivellina and ended up being persecuted. The truth is, although we don't have a good relationship with each other, I can't harm my sister.

The bell of my execution starts to ring and the people begun to clatter. I looked back and saw many people want me dead even though I didn't know them and I didn't do anything to them, it's hurting me. My tears begun to fall.

I don't wanna die...

Prince Alexis finally drew his sword.

"Any last words?" he said

I smiled as my tears we're falling non-stop.

"It was sad..." I said in lamentation

"My life is sad..."

I look in his face but I see no guilt. My sister were smiling now, I bet she's happy because she finally get rid of me.

He put up his sword and I begun to feel more desperate to live.

I don't want to die! I want to have a peaceful life!

All of my memories flashes against me and I started to wail. Finally, the bell rang for the third time and my execution begun. I suddenly feel numb and all I can see is darkness.

In my second life, I wish to be a person that everyone loves.

It was so dark and vivid when I finally open my eyes. I began to wander my eyes in this familiar place.

Was it my room? When did I get back? Didn't I already die?

"Miss, you're finally awake"

A maid confront me while she's handling a tray with foods in her hand.

"Lina, why am I in my room?" I asked

"Miss had a strong fever and haven't leave her room in about 3 days?" sagot niya

"Where's Ivellina? Where's father? Where's everybody?" I asked in confusion

"Miss, what are you talking about. Who is Ivellina? Your father was in his office right now" Lina answered

Wait, why did my voice suddenly change? Why did Lina didn't know who is Ivellina?

I looked down and I was surprised to see that my body becomes small like I was just a 12 year old girl.

Wait a minute....

"What's the date today?" I hurriedly asked

"It's July 13, 980, Miss" she said

What... is going on..

I glanced at the window and make a smile on my face. God must've given me this chance to correct my life. This time, I will live in happiness. I will change my fate and avenge my pitiful life.