S2: Chapter 29

S2: Chapter 29

Alexis's POV

"Prince, Leighny Rousel del Vough has been dead." said Greendel

"Don't make me laugh, Adel's mother is not that weak to die" wika ko habang nagbabasa ng libro

"Please take it seriously your highness. What I will say is the truth and the news from his imperial majesty. Lady Adelaide is dead"

As soon as he said those words, I froze and my eyes were widened. I looked at him slowly as my breathing becomes abnormal.

"C-Can you repeat what you said?" I said with trembling lips

  How.. How did she died?

Greendel lowered his head and looked gloomy.

"Lady Adelaide commit a tremendous crime against her family. She killed all of the people in the mansion and tried to kill the Duke. So the Duke immediately hired an assassin to search for the Lady but unfortunately, they all died. The carriage that was used by the lady has been set on fire and many corpses were burn to ashes including the lady's corpse." mahinang tugon ni Greendel

My tears quickly falls down to my cheeks as I slam my head in the table.

"Prince, don't hurt yourself!" gulat na sigaw ni Greendel

Why can't I protect her when she needed me the most?! I'm such a scum! I... I will never forgive myself..

"Leave me alone, Greendel. I wanted to be isolated from a moment." I mumbled

"Yes your highness" tugon nito saka umalis at sinarado ang pintuan

The Duke... How could he do that to his daughter? How could he.. and father? Why would he agree to the Duke easily? Why does she need to suffer that much?

Sinuntok ko yung mesa hanggang sa magdugo ang mga kamay ko.

I can't protect her but I can avenge her. I know something is going on with the empire. Something about my father and the Duke. They are hiding something from me that I don't know. But it's alright... I'm tired in all of this.

I remembered a mysterious person said when I came here in Cara Imperia.

"If you want to learn the truth about yourself, go to the Imperial palace. We will gladly accommodate you there and tell all the things we know about your identity."

And what the kidnappers said to me with Adel.

"He's the true heir of the empire.."

"No, you don't belong here. You're not the son of the Emperor! You-----"

If I'm the true heir of Carabella and learn the truth, I'm willing to destroy my empire to avenge Adel's death. I'll confirm everything from the start and make them pay one by one. It is their biggest mistake to touch my woman.

And if possible, if there's a revival spell. I'm willing to sacrifice everything to bring her back and make her happy in the rest of her life. I'll give her everything. There's only one chance left, and that is to be a traitor of my own empire. I'll have no regrets. Just wait a little longer Adel, I'll make you happy again.

Adelaide's POV

It's been one week since Valeria had kept me in his house here in a desolate forest near the border of Carabella Empire. The one week spent was for me to recover. I have used all of my Mana that day and Valeria said that I also suck up my life force or soul just to cast that unworldly spell. That's why my inner body was pierced by pain in the carriage that time.