Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Arthur's POV

Tsk, bastards dares to disrespect the young miss of Lacsena? They are bringing shame to the mansion!

"Arthur, wait!" yelled Neron while following my fast pace

We were brisk walking in the hallway. I planned to gather all the knights in the mansion. While walking, I saw a figure of a man and I immediately ran into it. Then I saw the head knight Lucas wandering around, it seems that my luck is according to plan.

"Lucas"

He turned around as he heard me call his name. He bowed down in respect when he saw me and Neron.

"Young master Arthur, young master Neron. What brings you here?" tanong nito

"Gather all the knights in the mansion. Ducal knights or not, I don't care. I just want an answer. "I said in a cold stance

"Affirmative" he replied and left the place to to my errand

I looked at my left and stare at the window.

"Neron"

"Yes?"

"Why are we doing this?"

"What do you mean?"

I glared at Neron and I was irritated when he was cleaning his ears with his finger like a child.

This guy is hopeless..

"I mean, why do you think we cared for Adel?" I asked him but I'm not looking at him

"Because she's a family.. " Neron answered

What a practical answer, Neron. Bravo.

"At first, I don't like her because of her attitude. She's annoying and a mean girl. I don't like her pestering around in the prince. But then, I realized one thing after we confronted her. And that it, we're the same." Neron continued

He's right, we're in the same state of Adel. Back then when I was young, I enjoy my life as a noble's child. Everything I wanted always given to me but one thing is exempted. That is parental love. I didn't get that love from my parents, they always compared me to Neron who's talented in swordsmanship so I worked hard. I study all the academic subjects and I became a genius right away.

That time, my parent's attitude towards me becomes different. But something if off, it was just a show. My parents are acting like a kind parents only when we're in front of other people and families. Then I saw little Adelaide alone in the mansion with her maids.

I was jealous of her because she's the main master of the family because her father was the Grand Duke of the Dukedom. She must be very spoiled. But it was changed when I saw her following his father but her father didn't even cared for her. Then she was tripped on the floor and fell but I was shocked when she hit the maid with her toy.

'I cannot forgive that girl for being heartless' I said into myself. Then I started to make fun of her to make her pay for the things she has done. Together with Neron who become my friend because I learned that we had the same experience. We sometimes hit her and we felt no guilt because we think she deserved it when hitting maids.

But we're wrong.. We usually hearing a rumours in the palace that she was being hit by his father and her mother didn't even looked for her. We became deaf for these rumours because we don't believe that the Duke can do that.

I can't forget when I saw her shivering while facing the Duke.

"I think little Adel suffered much than we do" I uttered