Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Nasisiraan na ba ang Emperor? Bakit niya naman naisip na imbitahan ako sa hapunan, pambihira naman oh.

Sa inis ko ay napabilis ko ang aking lakad at di ko namalayang nahiwalay na pala ako sa aking ina.

Kung minamalas ka nga naman oh!

Nagpatuloy lang ako sa paglakad kahit alam kong sinasaksak na ako ng mga matatalim na tingin ng bawat aristokratiko sa paligid ko. Di bale na, sanay na naman ako dito sa mga ito.

Sa paglalakad ay napukaw ang atensyon ko sa hardin na puno ng ibat't ibang uri ng bulaklak. Nagmasid pa ako ng kaunti upang mas makita ang ganda ng mga ito. Sa pagmumuni-muni ko ay hindi ko namalayang may nabangga na pala ako, dahilan ng pagkatumba ko.

"Pasensya na, hindi ko sinasadya." saad ko

Inilahad niya ang kamay niya, napatingala ako at naestatwa nang makita ang unang prinsipe sa harap ko.

It gives me chills when I suddenly remember this scene; when Alexis was looking down to me. The only difference was he don't have his sword to kill me.

"Are you alright, miss?"

I came back to reality when his attendant spoke.

I shouldn't bump into him in the future or else I'll be done for. I stood up for myself while my head keeps staring at the ground.

"Yeah, I should keep going. Again, forgive me for my impudence." nakayuko ko paring tugon habang mabilis na naglakad papalayo

Ngunit napiligan ako nang biglang may humawak sa braso ko. Pag lingon ko ay nakita ko si Alexis at mukhang malungkot ang mukha niya.

"Why didn't you come back to the palace?"

My eyes were enlarged in shock in what I heard.

  What does it mean? Alexis didn't care for me at all in fact, he doesn't want to be with me in the first place.

I became paralyzed in a moment. Once again, I was be able to reminisce all the sufferings I've been through because I fell in love with him.

It's all your fault! I was blind back then and naive. You take advantage of me while you were in love with my sister. I regret all of it, I wish I didn't met you!

"Adel, what's wrong? Are you okay, you look pale." Alexis said with worried eyes

Napansin nilang parang may mali sakin pero bago ang lahat ay kinalma ko ang sarili ko. I did promise to live my life to the fullest with my love once, I can't ruin it this time I had my second life.

I swayed my arms and that made him lose his grip. I looked at him with my serious eyes and it made him surprised.

"I supposed that is inappropriate for a lady to go to palace because of a prince who doesn't even care for her." I said

I saw his confused eyes while he was looking at me. Like he couldn't believe what was happening.

We may be close in our childhood times, but all is destined to be change.

"This lady will not bother you again, your highness" I said with a big smile in my face

My words made him speechless and I continued to walk away. It's better to stay away from him. From this life, I will not love Alexis anymore.

I'm still walking but my eyes won't stop to cry so I can't clearly see my path. My heart began to hurt.

I wanna shout! I wanna scream! But I can't... Somebody, help me..

"Adel! Adel..."

I need someone...

"My daughter!"

My mom hugs me from afar and that made me cry loud in her embrace. Mom pats me in my head and comforts me.

"Don't worry, Adel. I'm here, you're safe" she said in a soft voice

When I'm with mom, it's just all my sorrows and pain will instantly gone like magic. It's the first time I felt something like this with my mom.

"What are you doing here?"

My hair all over the body straighten when I heard that man's voice. I looked and it was indeed my father. He saw my eyes and probably know that I cried.

"Tsk, is that really worth of crying when the prince didn't noticed you? Well, how could someone willing to talk with a spoiled brat like you?" Father said

His words sinks in to my chest and it hurts. My father didn't change at all. He still didn't care about me.

"Duke, you shouldn't be like that to our daughter." said mom

Mom did stand up for me.

He turned his back coldly.

"I didn't have a daughter like her." After he said that, he walks away

Mom looked at me with worried eyes but I didn't see it clearly because I was drown in my thoughts again. Was I still be able to change my life? In 6 years, Ivellina will become my sister because mom died.

"Adel, are you okay?" she said in a worried tone

"Yes mom" I said with a smile

"Thank goodness! Adel, whatever your father may say to you, you will always be my daughter"she said in tears

I cupped her face and wiped her tears.

Mom shouldn't cry anymore. Mom should be happy. Don't worry mom, from now on I'll make you happy.

"Don't worry mom, even if father doesn't acknowledge me, as long as I have my mom. I can be happy. " I said and give her a big and warm hug.

I promise to protect you in this life, I won't let you die!