Chapter 7

Chapter 7

My heart were beating so fast while we were walking together. My hands are still holding father's hands and I can sense that he knew that I was nervous but he didn't care. And it's my first time holding his hands, it's suffocating for no reason.

"What joke did you say earlier to the Emperor?" he asked

I gulped and took a deep breath. I must stay composed and strong. I'm not the fool and stupid Adelaide from the past.

"I said that maybe we have another daughter from Lascena."

He stopped from walking so I stopped too. He let go of my hand and I felt relief. He moved his hands to his face and start laughing.

"Why did you say that?"

He's still not looking in me but his eyes are on the front. I can sense sarcasm in his laugh so I'd better give an explanation.

"It was a joke" a replied

"Are you still hoping that I will give you a sibling? There's no way I can do that. Your mother is not as amazing as I heard and she can't even make me happy."

"Don't get me wrong, I did say that because maybe one of my aunts will give birth to a daughter. Why are you so affected with my joke?" walang gana kong sagot

Fear was overwhelmed by hatred because of what he said. How dare he mock my mother in front of me while he's clearly cheating her without her knowing.

"Now you know how to talk back?"

His gazed become sharp and I can feel his bloodlust with it. His eyes beam because of anger. But I stand firm and look at him with his eyes too.

After a minute, I sighed.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I won't talk back."

He's still glaring at me and I feel irritated.

"What?" I asked

I mean there is 'what are you looking at?'

Mock me all you want, hit me until I pass out but never mock my mother.

"What did that woman do to you to disrespect me like this? I will punish her, she doesn't have a right to raise a child." he said and he wasn't looking at me anymore

I felt the rage inside my body that anytime will make me burst in anger.

He is the reason why me and my mother lived a fvcking miserable life! I won't forgive him. I will certainly won't forgive him!

"Lay a finger in my mother..."

I was glaring at him with the same bloodlust he emits to me earlier and he replied with a smirk.

"And what if I did?"

"Canary..." I uttered

His eyes were enlarged in a complete shock. It's certain because it's the name of his lover.

"What do you want?" he said

I can say that he swallowed his pride just because of them. If I spread a rumour that he had another family other than my mom, a war may arise against Ravella country where my mom lives. And then this Dukedom will fall. Or he won't let his lover and his daughter suffer from discrimination. A love from a father for his family, that's how I describe it.

Man, I feel jealous.

"Let me and my mom do whatever we want as long as we won't tarnish the name of our family. Don't hurt her, treat her nicely. I don't want to see her sad just because of you. And I also want a change our treatment in the mansion, it seems that our maids were quite brave and disrespectful to their master." I discussed