Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"You're so beautiful darling!" bulalas ni mama habang kumikislap ang mata

"Thank you, mom!" masaya kong wika at ngumiti sa kaniya

Ngumiti pabalik si mama at namangha ako sa ganda niya. I didn't know that my mom could be this beautiful when she was happy. The mom from the past was always cold and angry. I must protect that smile from now on, I will not let others take away those smiles from her again. They will pay.

"What's wrong, darling?" Mom pinched my cheeks and I was brought back to reality

Did she saw me making face?

"No, mom. It's just.. Your smile is beautiful." I replied

Her face become red as if she was flustered.

"I-I see... Thanks darling" kinikilig niyang sagot

Ha! I never thought mom would be this cute.

"Since when did you two seems to get along well?"

Suddenly, a cold aura surrounds us and it making me shiver. I look behind and saw my father wearing an elegant suit and seemed to attend the party too.

"D-Duke..." Mom said in shiver

It seemed like mom were afraid to father.

"Yes Papa, would you like to join us?" nakangiti kong saad

Kailangan kong putulin ang awkward scene at baka masira ang momentum ko.

Father was shocked to the name I called him. It was the name only Ivellina allowed to call him, I really wanted to call him Papa ever since.

As expected, he stared at me with madness in his eyes.

"What did you called me?" he asked in anger

Napayuko ako at sinabing,"It was a mistake, father. Forgive me."

"Watch your words. Even though you are an Lascena, I will never acknowledge you as my daughter." father said

Mom looked at me with sad eyes. Don't worry mom, I was used to it already. Dad never loved me. He loved Ivellina.

"I understood.." I replied

"I will have a separate carriage. Leighny, you will join your daughter. I will take my leave now."

After he said that, he turned his back and walk away with his guards.

That jerk! How dare he speak that against my mom, hmph!

"Adel, darling, are you okay?"

Mom rushed to me and hugged me. I saw her tears falling out on her eyes and I wiped it with my small hands.

"I'm okay mom, you shouldn't feel sad about what that jerk said." sabi ko

Oops, pasmado talaga bibig ko.

"Pfft.." mom giggled

Nagulat ako nang biglang tumawa ng malakas si mama at tinapik ng marahan ang ulo ko.

"You meanie, should not say any bad things to your father. But I can't help but to laugh 'cause it's so cute!" bulalas ni mama

Luh, cute ako?

"Mom is the cutest!" I protested

"Silly, there's no one else in the world can contest the cuteness of my daughter."