Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"There's only one left"

Alexis looked at my direction as I walked towards that diamond guy. I saw the guy vomiting in blood because of the damage they taken. I stopped walking when I was already in his front. I looked at him with pure rage but he can't even looked in my eyes.

"Tell me, where did you left that knight's corpse?" I asked

"I-In the alley beside the commoner's market.. " utal niyang sagot at umubo ng dugo

Itinapat ko ang palad ko sa kaniya.

"Any last words?" tanong ko

He began to chuckled and later on laugh in soft tone.

"Why would you avenge of someone who didn't even saved you?" tanong niya

"That knight was the first knight who looked for me. My knight's usually didn't care if I'm alive or dead. Besides, he is a great father. He is a true hero unlike you who only know how to kill people. I'm sick of the likes of you murderers!"

After I said that, a bitter smile formed in his lips.

"You're a strong kid and good one. One day, you will become the Empress"

I didn't get to attack him by my power but he killed himself. I wished to torture this guy but I can't do that anymore since he's dead.

"Let's get out of here" I said

We use our Fyon to know the direction of the exit. We both ran away until we reached an open door that leads us to an alley. I looked up in the sky and I was shocked when it's already sunset. As I looked in our path, my eyes were widened as I saw a man laying down on the ground in this dark alley.

Kaagad akong tumakbo upang makita siya.

Maybe there's a chance! Maybe he's still alive, maybe I can save him!

Ngunit kusang tumigil ang aking mga paa sa pagtakbo nang masilayan ko ang kalunos-lunos na sinapit nung knight. Napaluhod ako at naestatwa dahil sa nakita ko.

"Adel.."

Naramdaman kong sinundan ako rito ni Alexis at napatigil din sa pagtakbo nang makita niya yung knight na gula-gulanit na ang katawan at hindi na makilala.

Agad na tumulo ang mga luha ko paunti-unti pero di nagtagal ay tuluyan na akong umiyak.

"I'm sorry..." bigkas ko kasabay ng paghikbi

Hinawakan ko ang kaniyang kamay na napahiwalay na sa kaniyang katawan.

"I'm sorry because of you you will never see your family again.. May you rest in peace"

Then I cried..

"It's my fault!"

Sa sobrang iyak ko ay hindi ko namamalayang lumalakas ang pagiyak ko.

"It's not your fault.."

"If he didn't follow me, he's still alive" I cried

"He's a true hero. He did his duty and died in honor"

Alexis widen his arms and that made me hugged him. Though I didn't want to do this, I have no choice. His embrace is still warm as before. It's the embrace that I'm longing and missing in the past, I didn't expect that I can feel it again this time. Alexis, is it your double that killed me back then?