S2: Chapter 48

[Phlegethon's Point of View]

(During the Rookie Hunt...)

"How come you're telling this to me now?! How come you hid the fact that Amara resurrected?!" I shouted at everyone in the room.

I am mad... Very mad...

"Ethon, calm down---"

"Do not tell me what to do, Undine. You knew all of this but you didn't care to tell me?" Undine just bowed her head.

My child... My poor child...

My sweet and lovely child... Compared to what she had became now. What did that child experienced to make such an expression like that?

My heart stings. But part of me says that I'm also guilty. It's been already 900 years ago, to us gods, it's just a short span of time but why does it feels like it's been eternity since I last saw her? She's a human but... The child is different. Because of her, the relationship between the gods and humans become stable. Humans throw away their pride and started to worship and rely on us, gods, because of Amara.

Di ko na napapansin yung ingay ng mga ibang mga diyos sa paligid at pinagmasdan ko ang aking kamay. Ang kamay na humele sa batang 'yon nung maliit pa siya. Ang kamay na yumakap sa kaniya.

"Father, thank you for always taking care of me. Even though you have a very cold face," a very warm chuckle suddenly recalled in my memory. Her bright smile together with her bright red hair color that reflects the sun. To me, it's the most beautiful creation humanity has ever made.

I just wanted to make her happy, that's why I agreed to let her go to the human realm. But I didn't know it was the start of her unending torment and pain. It is because of that *****.

"Ethon... Amara is----"

Kaagad akong kumaripas ng takbo sa magic mirror at nakita kong nasasaktan na ang anak ko.

"Activate the Eccles spell. I will torment those humans in my own hands. This is too much---" I insisted.

"Phlegethon, 'wag kang padalos dalos sa mga desisyon mo. Hindi lang tayo ang supreme gods, pag nalaman 'to ng mga taga-Elkheim---"

"Then what?" Di ko pinatapos si Undine.

"Sila naman ang dahilan ng lahat ng 'to. Kung di nila pinaboran si Lucifero noon, 'di sana mangyayare 'to!," galit na sagot ko.

"Does that mean you can do whatever you want?" Biglang nagsalita si Gaea, the god of land and terrains.

"You may be the strongest elemental god but you cannot just decide by yourself," dagdag ni Aphea, the goddess of air

I chuckled sarcastically.

"900 years ago you told me to take care of a certain child. I declined you all because you know how much I hate humans, but in the end I still agreed. I bacame closer to her because of you. But now that the child's suffering, you'll expect me to stay calm? You expect me to do nothing?" Galit na usal ko.

Do you know why I am the most powerful elemental god? It is because I have no weakness. But now there is, but I don't regret it. Noon, I thought I'm not capable of feeling any emotions rather than madness and anger, obviously because of my powers. But that child was able to make me a father, and now I know how to love. She had taught me how to love humans.

Undine slowly walked towards me.

"It's not like that Phlegethon. The gods of Natural Order, the Elkheim gods, granted us the resurrection of our beloved Amara under certain conditions. We should be thankful for it was possible because of the persuation of *****. In order to keep Amara alive, we need to follow Elkheim gods. To see Amara's smile again, isn't that what you want?" said Undine in a sad tone.