Chapter One Martin Holland

Chapter One
Martin Holland

Martin had fallen to the floor of the room, bleeding and still holding the gun; he came to his senses when his ex-wife, Amy, had shot him. Amy was a talented surgeon before that incident and saved people's lives. She still blamed Martin for all this cursed life; just when Martin was talking to Beatrice to clear things up. Martin heard the crying and screaming of Beatrice and Amy. He was barely breathing while pressing his wound with one hand; he was telling himself: "Is this crappy life going to end like this?" However, with all the strength he had left; he decided to save Amy and Beatrice So he grabbed the gun firmly with his other hand; got up unsteadily and went towards the sounds with a blurred vision. Finally, when he could see in front of him, he saw two killers in the yard of his seemingly safe house who had covered their faces and each had a gun pointed at one of those two women. Martin saved Beatrice's life first and at that moment realized that his bullets were over So he threw the gun and attacked him like a rugby player from behind. Although the killer shot him in the arm, Martin managed to knock him down and knock out the killer with a few punches. When he picked up the killer's gun, things got worse because that bastard was there too; he laughed out loud and said: "You didn't think I'd find you here and come after you! Why don't you appreciate this crappy life?"
It was three weeks ago when things started to lead to this conflict. It was early November, Wednesday the second of November, when the weather was half-bright and there was nothing left to start a fresh day. In the country, a double-decker bus and red telephone booths on one of the streets of London, when the street was still quiet, Martin Holland leaned against the hood of his parked car and stared at a telephone booth a few steps ahead. This silence continued until a man named James Cobb came forward with short hair that had a few white strands in it, brown beard and mustache, and a gray suit that he wore and was almost his age. He sighed and said: "Why do you come here every day and stare at this damn thing? You're breaking my heart with your work I can't keep quiet anymore."
Martin Holland, while still looking at the telephone booth, said: "Sorry to upset you, but I can't avoid this work. The truth is that call has occupied my mind a lot; was that Beatrice's voice?!"
James shrugged and said: "I don't know."
"I have a goal, a wish, to find the culprit of this situation, Josh, Scott or Beatrice?"
"We have to go back or he will find out that you were out until now; this is not good at all."
"Right you are, my good jailer. But I'm not afraid of him anymore, even if I die."
"Get in the car, by the way Mrs. Marks is waiting for you in the car."
When Martin got in the car and the car started moving, he broke the silence and said: "Well, Mrs. Marks, what's new about the company and the boss of the company?"
Mrs. Marks said with a sad face: "Collins went to the house of a person named Peter Miller at twelve o'clock last night and probably chose him as the heir of the company."
Martin said: "So Peter Miller is the same important person I was waiting for? The game has just begun. Investigate this Peter Miller."
"There is no need to investigate, I know him very well; he grew up in an orphanage."
Martin knew Peter Miller a little, but not completely, so when he heard his name he was not as surprised as he heard "he grew up in an orphanage." Martin was shocked beyond surprise.
Martin said, "Seriously!" Then he looked at Mrs. Marks' sad face and said, "What are you upset about?"
"Did you help my family financially because of my relationship with Peter Miller and hire me in this company?"
"Mrs. Marks, before you ended your relationship with Mr. Miller, I paid off all your family's debts. "
"Without any conditions?!"
"What do you mean?! Of course, without any conditions. Your private life has nothing to do with me."
Mrs. Marks sighed and said softly, "So my brother lied to me and before he died, he kept his promise and destroyed my life."
The car parked on the street to drop off Mrs. Marks and then quickly left. Martin was playing with an envelope in his hand and said, "I want to see Peter at work."
"This is dangerous."
Martin shouted, "I'm doing this because of what you said. Are you regretting it now? Do you want me to kill you with my own hands?"
Silence filled the air throughout the journey. Before getting out of the car, he put on a mask and a white hat on his head that matched the green shirt he was wearing anyway and entered the building. It took him a while to find Peter Miller. It seemed to me that Peter was not satisfied with his job because he was asleep. Martin approached and put the envelope on his desk and said to himself, "He looks a bit like him! His form has gone to one, the mole on his neck has gone to another." Then he watched him from afar again.
Things were not good; Peter woke up and was fired by his boss. He picked up the envelope and in a strange move broke a picture frame, then passed by Martin and Martin followed him from behind.