Chapter Thirty-Four Scott

Chapter Thirty-Four
Scott

     A few minutes ago, when they brought the plate of food for Peter Miller, Mr. Moyes's phone rang. Mr. Moyes was very surprised after seeing the number; he opened and closed his eyes several times to make sure what he saw was real; he felt a cold sweat on his back. He smiled faintly, but when he wanted to touch the answer sign, his hand was shaking; it was a very strange feeling, he was both worried and happy.
Finally, he pressed the answer sign, but said nothing and eagerly waited to hear the voice of the other party.
   The woman said: "I want to see you; I want to talk to you; we have to talk; there are many things I have to tell you."
A heavy silence ensued that was really terrible.
   Scott Moyes was losing his balance, so he put his hand somewhere to lean on and said to himself: "Talk; please talk; hurry up and talk."
   "Are you still there? Are you listening?"
   Scott Moyes took a deep breath and said: "Yes, I'm here; I'm listening."
   "Are you okay?!"
   "I'm fine, Amy."
   "Are you at work now? Can't you come here now?"
   "I'm at work now, but I can come; my work is not important. Where are you now?"
   "You know where you can find me today; I'm waiting for you."
    Mr. Moyes, who had become excited, said to himself: "I know; I know." Then he said: "I'll be right there."
Anyway, their conversation ended like this because the chef was in a hurry to get to the appointment; he was afraid that if he was late, he would not see Amy again. Mr. Moyes towards the back door of the restaurant with a soft voice that got louder every moment; he kept saying: "She talked; she finally talked, I can't believe it."
All the cooks clapped and cheered.