Chapter Forty-Six Robert

Chapter Forty-Six
Robert

     Robert opened the door of the house and as he entered, he said loudly, "Rebecca, I'm here." Then, as he looked curiously at different parts of the house, he kept calling Rebecca.
   "Rebecca! Where are you?"
   "We're here; we're having coffee."
    Robert, as he headed towards the source of the sound, said, "Rebecca, I bought you flowers."
   Rebecca, as she put her coffee cup on the table, said, "Thank you, they're beautiful flowers."
  "Anna, you're here?!"
  "Rebecca called me and said 'come here.' I did just that."
   Rebecca, as she looked at her brother in surprise, said, "We were and are friends, right? Why are you so surprised? I invited her to have fun with us; sit down; coffee? Tea with new biscuits?"
   "Coffee please. I was chatting with one of my chef friends and eating delicious food when you called and I had to leave there unfinished."
   Rebecca laughed and said, "So you suffered a mental shock?"
   "One hundred percent. But if you give me a great coffee like always, I'll regret one percent."
   "It's really a bit strange."
   Anna said, "I want to go on a trip to Juneau, Alaska; I think it's a good place."
   Rebecca said, "I wish I could come with you; I really want to see it up close."
   "Actually, I strangely bought two tickets; I don't know why I did that! But now I can ask you to be my travel companion; what do you think?"
   "I accept with pleasure."
   Robert thought to himself: "Juneau! Rebecca don't do this please, you want to tell her that ridiculous story. Don't do this. My mother definitely wants Rebecca to tell Anna that story; the story that I didn't believe." Then he said: "What's your motive?"
   "What? Do you have any objections?"
   Robert laughed and said: "This seems a bit unnatural because it seems to me that you have a specific plan"
   "What plan! There is no objection; we are going on a trip together."
     Robert Dixon was lost in his nightmarish thoughts when suddenly his mobile phone rang; it was an unknown number. He touched the green answer sign; put his mobile phone next to his ear and after a few moments of silence said: "I have the address there; but why do you want this address? … Okay; I'll send it to you." Then he hung up and said to Anna: "It was Peter Miller. He wanted Scott Moyer's apartment address."
   Robert followed Rebecca to the kitchen and said: "Are you hiding something from me?"
   "Are you crazy! What should I hide?"
   Robert showed his mobile phone to Rebecca and said: "This is mom's last message; her phone is also off; tell me where mom is?"
   Rebecca said: "I don't know; you made me worried; now I'm calling dad."
   A few minutes later Robert and Rebecca returned to Anna.