Chapter Twenty-seven Peter

Peter

     Mr. Collins's company was facing a small crisis these days. A small crisis, but a crisis nonetheless, and that meant more work and effort for Mr. Collins and Peter, as well as frequent back and forth between Peter Miller and Mrs. Marks.
They had a heavy and formal relationship with each other. For Peter, after these few years, it was not hard to act this way anymore.
It seemed to Peter that it was not hard for Mrs. Lisa Marks either. She had started this strange game with Peter for some reason.
Their behavior was not strange or even noticeable to anyone, but Peter realized that their behavior was attracting Mr. Collins's attention, consciously or unconsciously. At the end of a three-person meeting in Mr. Collins's office, when Mrs. Marks left the room, Mr. Collins said: "Peter, you asked me not to agree with her if she resigned; wasn't that so?"
   Peter, who was a little confused, said: "Yes; I had forgotten about it."
   "But why?"
   "Didn't I explain it to you?"
   "Did you have a relationship with her?"
   Peter Miller sighed and when he wanted to answer, the door opened quickly and he heard Mrs. O'Brian's voice behind him saying quickly: "I have to talk to you right away."
   Mr. Collins said in surprise: "Okay; we'll talk right now." Then he said to Peter: "Stay here, I have something for you." Then he got up and guided Mrs. O'Brian to a room that was inside the same room and was part of Mr. Collins's office; he opened the door for her and when they both entered, he closed the door.
   Although Peter tried to be calm and not curious, Mrs. O'Brian's voice was a bit loud and it reached Peter's ears by itself.
   Mrs. O'Brian, who was a bit nervous, said: "Things are not good at all. I think Anna has figured something out."
   "Are you serious? What has she figured out?"
   "I don't know, but I feel like she's asking me with her eyes" Is this stuff that I know true or not? "
   "What are you talking about? I think you're too sensitive."
   "I'm not sensitive; actually I saw Scott Moyes today."
   "Scott! You saw him are you sure?!"
   "I'm absolutely sure."
   "Did you talk to him?"
   "I saw him on the street going; I went after him but I didn't catch him."
   "But that's impossible he's dead are you sure it was him?!"
   "But he's alive. You lied to me that he was dead but why?"
   "He's dead to me. Years ago."
   "But why? He had the right maybe you really support that bastard."
   "What are you saying? You've been thinking this way about me for years and you're mad at me, I'm tired of it. Why do you live in the same house with someone you don't believe in every day?"
   "Because of Anna."
   "What you didn't tell Anna about this matter."
   "I haven't told her yet."
   "Good; don't tell her anything until I investigate. I just hope Peter hasn't heard anything."
   "Why are you so worried that Peter will find out? Don't you want to explain the situation to him? I can't stand him anymore. I can't hold back."
   "It's too early for him to know; everything might get ruined; Beatrice and Scott coming back now makes it more mysterious."
Peter put his handsfree in his ear to pretend that he had been busy with something all this time and said to himself: "Who is Scott Moyes? Someone who is related to Mrs. Walberg's life but why shouldn't I know anything about this? Maybe this Scott Moyes is related to both Mrs. Walberg's life and mine! Maybe I should burn his house or company or destroy this company."
   Peter realized that while he was thinking, Mrs. O'Brian had left and Mr. Collins was sitting on his chair and looking at him silently; then he slowly took off his handsfree.
   "What were you thinking about?"
   Peter, who was confused, said: "I was thinking about what I wanted to tell you."