Chapter Fifty-Seven Peter

Chapter Fifty-Seven
Peter

     They were all gathered at Josh Collins' house. Peter was lost in his thoughts when he heard Josh say to Anna: "We heard you're going on a recreational trip?"
   Anna said: "My father needs a vacation; I was getting depressed."
   Josh Collins laughed and said: "Depression is unlike you." And his eyes met Anna's and they stared at each other.
   Peter, who had noticed this movement, said to himself: "Something has changed here; Anna Walberg has given up on her research about the most important question of her life and is going on a trip; Mrs. O'Brian or better say Collins, no longer wears that cursed black dress and I heard her laugh for the first time; what is clear is that Mrs. Collins has completely changed."
   "Mrs. Marks was very worried about you today." It was Josh's voice.
   "What? What did you say?"
   "You heard me very clearly."
   Peter laughed and said: "This is just a funny joke."
   Anna said very seriously: "You're turning into a monster again."
   Peter, who seemed to not expect such a remark from Anna, turned his head from Mr. Collins to Anna and said with confusion: "What's wrong with being a monster when you're angry. Besides, this matter has nothing to do with you; so don't treat me like a monster and don't defend that lady."
   "Do you think I'm a monster?"
   "Like the last time in that café book."
   "What? Why does my anger matter to you? Don't interfere in my life."
   Peter turned red, paused for a short moment, but then shouted: "You too, don't interfere in my life."