Chapter Thirty-Three Peter

Peter

     When the waiter brought the food for table eight, Peter's dish came with a smoking device, so he enjoyed the smell of the food when he lifted the lid. He also felt an indescribable sensation when he started eating, a strange feeling! The taste of this food reminded him of his family and a good feeling. It was very strange why he felt good?
A family that no longer existed and he hated them; did he have a good memory that Peter had forgotten?
Peter realized after years that maybe he was wrong all these years that he didn't love his parents at all. Peter tried to remember his parents' faces for the first time and after a long time, but failed. It seemed that Peter's brain had lost the files related to this part; or maybe he had torn and burned them. Peter was upset, a feeling he never thought he would have because of his parents; Peter had really changed. When Peter finished his food, he called the waiter and said: "This food was really delicious and I want to see your chef to thank him personally." Then he said to himself: "Now it's time to meet Mr. Moyes."
  The waiter said: "Thank you and we are happy that you enjoyed the food. But Mr. Moyes has left the restaurant and can't see you."
  Peter said in surprise: "He just left the restaurant?! But I wanted to see your chef."
  "I'm sorry but it's not possible."
  Peter said: "It's not possible but I don't care; I have to see Mr. Moyes." Peter had lost control and shouted this sentence; he became angry involuntarily and closed his eyes, said nothing to calm down; when he opened his eyes again, he realized that almost everyone in the restaurant hall was looking at him with a curious look, but this didn't matter to Peter at all.
Peter's only goal was to see Mr. Moyes; the words and objections of others didn't matter to him at all. Of course, for most chefs, only their cooking mattered.
Peter searched unsuccessfully, tasted the bitter taste of failure and another sorrow, and left the kitchen slowly and listlessly. His tie knot was very tight and was choking him as if someone had thrown a rope around his neck from behind and pressed hard to choke him.
  Peter approached his table and said to Mrs. Marks: "I'm going out; I'm going to the company, maybe. I don't feel well at all." Then he left.