Chapter Forty-Two Robert Dixon

Chapter Forty-Two
Robert Dixon

     Robert stood in front of Toby Matthews' house and wanted to knock on the door. He waited a few moments to check his phone again and saw the latest and newest message from Evelin: I want to do something dangerous. Robert called Evelin again; this time her phone was off.
   When Toby opened the door and saw Robert Dixon, he said happily: "Buddy, I didn't recognize you for a moment."
   "My forgetful friend, didn't you get my note?" Toby took the paper that was stuck on the fridge door; and said: "Here it is, do you want me to show it to you? Seriously. I didn't think that Robert Dixon, the same Robert Dixon who owns a big software company, was it?" Then he tidied up his house a bit.
   Robert sat on a chair behind the counter; laughed and said: "Actually, I am myself, completely real, of course in the future."
   Toby went back to the kitchen and started decorating two plates of food.
   Robert said: "Are you not going to work today?"
   "The restaurant is closed for a few days."
   "Closed, why?"
   "To determine the new menu. We have to be innovative."
   Robert looked around; sighed and said: "You have a beautiful and good house. Tell me, do the rest of the chefs also live in this building?"
   Toby put one of the plates in front of Robert; and said: "Yeah, how else? Then he changed the subject and said: "Eat this well; I want your opinion afterwards."
   "If Ana was here now, she would give you a better opinion than me; she really wanted to be a professional chef but instead of cooking she is a famous musician. She is my fiancée."
   "I heard you have a good life; congratulations."
   Robert smiled, which gradually faded and said to himself: "I don't know if I can make Anaa happy or not? After all, I'm crazy. A few days ago I wanted to die but when I see her I want to continue this life very ordinary and without revenge; isn't this madness? Considering what my mother said, there is no reason to take revenge. I don't know what to do. Sorry Anaa."
   After a few minutes of silence, Toby Matthews said: "Are you thinking? What happened?"
   Robert coughed and said: "It's nothing." Then he tried to smile; and said: "You have a successful life, don't you? You are now Mr. Moyes' assistant."
   "You're right, this is one of the most amazing parts of my life."
  "I ate your restaurant's food the other day; it was delicious and I hope I tasted the chef's cooking."
   "Were you the one who was making noise that day?"
   "No; I wasn't that crazy."
   "Now I remember you weren't."
   Silence resumed until Toby said: "Mr. Moyes has had a strange life." It seemed like he unconsciously announced something that was passing through his mind for Robert with a loudspeaker, a secret, something mysterious.
  "What?!"
  Toby, who seemed a bit regretful; sighed and said again: "Mr. Moyes has a strange life." This time he stated this matter much easier and more comfortably than the previous time, as if all the obstacles that caused this matter to remain confidential; had suddenly exploded.
  Robert Dixon said to himself: "Thank you for your help, I had no idea how to get to this matter." Then he said: "You're not serious, he has a good life; he's a famous person."
  "Being a famous person doesn't mean you're happy."
  "You're right, now what happened? Of course, if you want to say."
  "Mr. Moyes' wife hasn't spoken a word to him for many years, until a few days ago which is really strange."
  Robert wiped his mouth with a napkin and said: "Why hasn't he spoken for so long? It seems crazy to me."
  "Because of their children, they died when they were very young."
  "Does Mrs. Moyes blame him?"
  "No, when this happens they were on a trip."
   "How sad."
   "A boy named Will and a girl named Mary."
   Robert said to himself: "Mary! Did I hear you say 'Mary'? Does it have anything to do with Anaa's life?" Then he said: "It's not a bad story for a movie."
   "It must be, especially when you find out that contrary to these events, those children I mentioned are still alive while they both have a grave."
   "What are you talking about?"
   Toby said: "The cause of their death was suffocation due to drowning in water or something like that. Anyway, Will and Mary are still alive; this is what Mr. Moyes is hiding from his wife."
   Robert's phone rang; it was Rebecca but because their conversation was sensitive; he didn't answer and said to Toby: "How do you know this?"
  "We were talking and drinking one day."
   "Why did he do this? This is cruel."
   "Maybe! But Mr. Moyes only knows that they are alive; he doesn't know where and how they live and even though he is still looking for them, there is no trace of them."
   "You know all the secrets of his life, I have to be careful when talking to you?!"
   "Keep these words to yourself. Don't tell me you wanted to hear these words from me to make me miserable."
   Robert laughed and said: "You drank too much buddy, you're talking nonsense." His phone rang again; it was Rebecca again.