Chapter Thirty-Eight Scott

Scott

     The place where Mr. Moyes was driving hastily towards was the cemetery; the cemetery was where the two met. He also paid a little attention to his appearance; he sprayed perfume on himself and bought flowers.
Scott wanted to fight fate again and win; he had to correct his wrong decision; he shouldn't have returned from France to England and more importantly to London under any circumstances or at least he should have objected; he must have lost his mind; now he might have to give up being an honest person again and become greedy.
Mr. Moyes prayed that it was the same woman who had spoken to him on the phone. He hoped she was waiting for him and hadn't left. He wanted to see his wife with all his heart, he wanted to see his wife talking after years, even in the cemetery! The place and reason for this meeting seemed strange but it was real.
The woman whose name was Amy was wearing a white shirt and a purple skirt and had left her relatively long hair loose that was blowing in the wind that was blowing now; she was sitting on the grass between two tombstones and staring at the name on the left tombstone.
Mr. Moyes stood quietly behind his wife with a little distance while holding two bunches of beautiful flowers in his hand. Scott was excitedly waiting to hear her voice again but Amy hadn't noticed Mr. Moyes's presence until then; Scott Moyes was guilty of standing silently right behind her; he had two bunches of beautiful flowers in each hand, he finally went forward and put each one on a tombstone, then lit all the short and wide candles that were in two colors of red and yellow; all these candles were arranged around the left tombstone.
   Mr. Moyes said happily after doing this: "Happy birthday William, your mom and sister and I are here now."
    Amy said softly as if she was unconsciously expressing her thoughts: "Will would be twenty-eight years old now. If he was alive, he would be very handsome. I think he would be a manager of a company or maybe a writer." After a few moments she sighed and said: "But he's dead; when he was only five years old."
    Scott looked at his wife's face in surprise, he was happy and also a little worried because this was the first time his wife had admitted that Will, their five-year-old son, and Mary, their seven-year-old daughter, had died.